s13 5 lug hub bearing replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s13 5 lug hub bearing replacement

I was just curious if anybody has experience replacing the front wheel bearings on a s13 240sx with 5 lug hubs. I haven't gotten a chance to look yet so not sure if the bearings are even bad, they are over 5 years old though.

Yeah, they're replaceable.

Pull a snap ring, press out the bearing, press new one in, put snap ring back in.

Comment

are you talking about using s14 hubs or j30 or aftermarket or what?

I think the oem style s13 bearings (ID 1.1811 OD 2.6772 WIDTH 1.7717) can be pressed into all of those (new snap ring groove machining required for j30 hubs) but I'm not completely sure... I've heard of people buying the ichiba and stuff like that and putting oem bearings in

Comment

Not sure what your asking?
        They are all replaced in the same manner.
        Not sure why 13, 14, J30 etc would matter.

I have Ichibas with Timken Bearings I put in.

Comment

Originally posted by KA240SX808 View Post
          Not sure what your asking?
          They are all replaced in the same manner.
          Not sure why 13, 14, J30 etc would matter.

I have Ichibas with Timken Bearings I put in.
          the op just said "5 lug s13" so I didn't know which hubs he was using

I know the procedure for all of them is the same, but wasn't sure if the replacement bearing part # was exactly the same between the different hub types

Comment

Sorry if I seemed vague. Im not even sure what conversion hubs they are. I got them a long time ago and didn't install them on this car. On my Jeep the unit hub/bearing isn't serviceable. I was wondering if that was the case.

Good news is it wasn't the bearing, it was the dust shield rubbing. I banged it back out straight and the noise I had went away. I might take them back off sometime soon and see about replacing them.

Comment

Originally posted by maxtherabbit View Post
              the op just said "5 lug s13" so I didn't know which hubs he was using

I know the procedure for all of them is the same, but wasn't sure if the replacement bearing part # was exactly the same between the different hub types
              My bad, for some reason thought you were the OP and confused the helll out of my self reading your post thinking you were the OP.

Comment

If using the S14 hubs, I don't think the bearings are serviceable.
                Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Good info guys. I decided I want to change my bearings, but I'm not sure which hubs I have. They are conversion hubs I bought from phase2motortrend a long time ago. Looks like they don't have a store front any more.

I guess I will have to measure the parts and see.

Comment

All the conversion hubs I've messed with have used OEM sized s13 bearings.

Comment

Thanks. Is there a recommended brand? I know with my Jeep everyone is big on Timken bearings.

Comment

timken are $36 on rockauto (at least the last time I bought). I think my front timken bearings are 3 years old now, or so, without any problems.

Comment

Thanks. I will have tons of time to replace them. My #1 intake rocker keeps falling off so I'm gonna rip the engine back out and rebuild or replace the head.

Comment

Working...
                          X