Tps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tps ?

So I finally got my sr20 started up after a rebuild and its a little lopey, high idle, and rich. I did put bigger cams in it and I havent set timing yet so that might help. I'm curious about the TPS though. It's fluctuating about 1-6% at closed throttle. Is this normal?

how long has the TPS been sitting? any chance the wiper contacts are just dirty/dry? shut the car off and open/close the throttle about a bazillion times and see if that doesn't stop some of the fluctuations. I would think it should stay more stable than that when you don't have your foot on the gas.

that said, is there any slack in the throttle cable at idle? there should be just a *touch* of slack in it at idle so when the engine moves around or you sneeze on the pedal, it doesn't pull the throttle open any.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. It's been sitting a couple years. I will try opening and closing it a bunch and see if it helps. I'll have to see if I can open it up and clean/ regrease it. I had to do this on my Jeep and it did the trick.

Comment

Ok so got timing set, and went to town opening and closing the throttle. No change though..
        This is using the aem series 2 ecu, I noticed the pressure gauge and o2 is fluctuating also. I disconnected the O2 and now the TPS and Boost are +-.1

Im gonna go back and recheck connections, but has anyone seen this before?

Comment

Figured it out. Bad ground for the wideband.

Comment

Glad you found it. good looking on the other gauges to find it. sometimes it's something weird..
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Yeah. Lots of weird things with this car. Lots that I want to do, but I want to get it on the road first.

I have the AEM series 2 and the UEGO wideband. The only wire that should be going to the ecu is the white wire. Ground should go to chassis, and power should be 12V switched.

Whoever wired it up took the ground to the ECU pin #19 (sensor ground). I moved it to chassis and the signals cleaned up right away.
              I ran into other problems though after that.. (I'll save that for another thread)

Comment

Working...
              X