Front suspension arm install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front suspension arm install questions

Hey all, doing my front LCA and tension rod install now, I have some questions!

PBM arms, SPL KTS coilovers.

I set LCA length to OEM + a little for track width. Is there a good rule of thumb for how much of the red end should be exposed?

Should OEM torque specs be used on all joints?

With the new drop spindles I need to lower the coilover knuckle mount to compensate. Again, rule of thumb for how much of the sleeve should be on the threaded body?

Are these holes sway bar endlink mounts? I know they like to use the upgraded style further out on the arm, but I don't have those at the moment. I imagine it will fit better when I adjust the other side as well.

duh

Originally posted by enerj View Post
    I set LCA length to OEM + a little for track width. Is there a good rule of thumb for how much of the red end should be exposed?
    use 1.5 rod end diameter as minimum insertion length
    http://www.emfrodends.com/Rod-End-He...FAQ-s/1669.htm

Should OEM torque specs be used on all joints?
    just tighten the **** out of them

With the new drop spindles I need to lower the coilover knuckle mount to compensate. Again, rule of thumb for how much of the sleeve should be on the threaded body?
    sure 1.5 times diameter again

Are these holes sway bar endlink mounts? I know they like to use the upgraded style further out on the arm, but I don't have those at the moment.
    clearly

Comment

Working...
    X