S14 FLCA ball joint boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 FLCA ball joint boot

Posted this on another forum, figured I'd check here cause I know there are more suspension aficionados on here.

So I've searched around online for a solid 45 minutes now. I'm trying to find replacement boots for the front lower control arm ball joints on the OEM S14 arms, and I'm having a ****ty time trying to find the right sized ones.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I found ball joint measurements online (see attachment), but I can't match anything exactly on the energy suspension site, does anyone know a part number that will work for these arms? Or even another manufacturer that has these boots available? I figure replacement rubber ones will be available through the dealership, but I was hoping for a urethane replacement here.

Energy Suspension link for boots/measurements:
    http://www.energysuspension.com/univ...ust-boots.html
    Attached Files

In all honesty, unless your balljoints are brand new, you are better off buying new MOOG balljoints. They are only $20 + shipping from Rockauto and you may spend just as much just purchasing the boot (and not to mention the time spent searching for it).

$22 + free LBJ rental tool + 35 mins to change ball joint > spending days finding the boot to place over (if this is the case) your old LBJ.

Comment

$22? The moog ones I always see are $60ish per joint.

http://www.frsport.com/Moog-K9820-Fr...H_p_16396.html

Boots are really inexpensive, so I figured if the joint is still tight, but the boot is torn, this is the most cost effective option.

Comment

They are $19.64 on rockauto. Only $22 from summit.

Frsport is never the best price, ever.

Try googling the part number, moog k9820.

Comment

The boots are bonded to the ball-joint and aren't replaceable. I know my wife's BMW and my S2k have replaceable boots held on with spiral keepers, but the Nissan doesn't.
          Don Johnson (really!)
          Just so you know.

Comment

Working...
          X