radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator

Hey guys, im not sure what radiator to buy. im curious what radiator you have and if you had an previous issues with any specific brand.

oh yea and i have a s13 with an ls1

Mishimoto= crap. Stick with a major brand- Koyo, C&R, Griffin, etc.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

+1.

Comment

+2

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
        96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Steve and I were just talking about this yesterday.

I have a griffin in my coupe and a koyo in my hatch. Both have worked flawlessly and I've never seen more than 88*C on the power FCs.

Comment

Indeed. I had to buy a mishimoto in a pinch, and I have regretted it ever since. Had a Koyo before, and it was solid. When I did the hill climb last year, my temps were climbing to 200°F with the mishimoto (ambient was probably 75°F). With the Koyo, I never saw above 185-190°F (this was in 115°F ambient and at an auto-X).

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Koyo N-flo. Been through the crap brands (Mishimoto, Godspeed, CX, etc) and none were capable of keeping temps below 210+ just from a quick street burst (1-4 full boost shifts). Never took the vehicle to the track because of it until the Koyo was installed.

Koyo has held up to several hours of flogging so far for PDX and HPDE with temps never above 195-198 with no fans or anything to aid in cooling.

Also, the quality Koyo are barely more expensive than the Mishimoto for instance brand new.

Comment

What these guys said. Although with the old school Koyo my coolant temps do creep up on track, but this is after 4-5 hard laps under boost.

I'm curious as to what the triple pass Koyos will do, but I'm also debating tossing in a dual pass circle track radiator and really redoing the front metal work ahead of the front tires.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I have the triple pass koyo (the N Flow), It's crazy how well it works. You can feel behind the fan on the hot side and it will blow hot air. The one on the cool side is blowing cold air. I had a pro driver in the car for an autocross and he was amazed by it.
                  Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                  TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Do you guys know if they make the n-flow for the ka24de model engine because I only find it for the sr20det engine

Comment

At this moment, I do not think so.

If you want a multi-pass radiator, you may have to look elsewhere (Griffin may make them. Or just look for the proper circle track radiator which fits your dimensions).

Ultimately, the mutliple pass radiators just cool more effectively than single pass system.

Comment

My griffin is single pass and, like I said, never had any sort of overheating.

I think silvia front goes a LONG way though since the front of the car is open. The car would get slightly warmer with pignose front bumper on the last car (with the same radiator).

Comment

I'm pretty sure the KA24DE model koyo is a dual pass radiator because the inlet and outlet are on the same side. The SR version can be a single or triple because the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides.

Comment

Negative, can't be anything but single pass. The S chassis Koyos are top flow, not side flow. So you have to have the inlet/outlet on opposite corners to even be able to do a triple pass. Same side = single pass.

My single pass Koyo is not bad, but I'm thinking a dual or triple pass radiator would really help things out.
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Doh, had a brain fart, ha ha. I had intercoolers on my mind when thinking of end tank placement for some reason. I retract my previous statement...

Comment

Working...
                              X