Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S14 OEM Link Length? Toe Rod, Traction Rod, and Camber arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 OEM Link Length? Toe Rod, Traction Rod, and Camber arms.

Hey guys, Im looking for the OEM length of S14 Links. I'd like to get the length from the center of the bolt hole to the center of the other bolt hole

The Rear Toe Rod
    The Rear Traction Rod - Edit* found these, they are 8.25.
    The Rear Camber Arm

The only OEM link I have is the Front Tension Rods, The rear of my car came with adjustable links. I actually did find the OEM Traction rods in a box of parts, they are 8.25" long.

Im installing new coilovers and z32 rear brakes and noticed that NOT A SINGLE lock but on any of my adjustable links were locked... I also notice that my traction rods seem to be a bit long. Now I have measured the stock piece and it is 8.25. I have seen some members say they get better traction and less bumpsteer with 8.5" - 9" traction rods.

I have found that OEM S13 RUCAs or Camber rods are 12.25" from bolt center to bolt center, however, my Cusco S14 adjustable links only go down to about 12.5-12.75" in length.

I just want to set all of these Adjustable Links to the OEM length or generally accepted better lengths so my alignment guy has a good place to start, and more importantly, so my car isn't just ridiculously out of whack when I have to drive it

I can try to measure when I get home tonight, but no promises on availability of my time.

here's what I would do:
    Set ride height where you want it.
    Set traction rod to 8.25 or 8.5"
    Set RUCA so you are close on camber (within a degree or so). What you want for camber is your issue. street cars obviously need less, unless you're looking for "stance". you can check camber with a 2' level and tape measure if you don't have a camber gauge.
    set toe arms so the rear end points straight. you can check toe with a tape measure and a couple straight pieces of wood or angle iron.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
      I can try to measure when I get home tonight, but no promises on availability of my time.

here's what I would do:
      Set ride height where you want it.
      Set traction rod to 8.25 or 8.5"
      Set RUCA so you are close on camber (within a degree or so). What you want for camber is your issue. street cars obviously need less, unless you're looking for "stance". you can check camber with a 2' level and tape measure if you don't have a camber gauge.
      set toe arms so the rear end points straight. you can check toe with a tape measure and a couple straight pieces of wood or angle iron.
      I set my traction rods to 8.5" and I found that s13 RUCAs are 12.25, so I set mine at that.

I ordered Voodoo13 toe rods and they sent me s13 rods..... which are way too short. Collapsed, they measure in at 13 and 7/8, which is the stock length of s13 arms...

Comment

S13 and s14 toe arms are the same, it's just the size of the spacers that's different (ie the mounting point in the subframe is wider on the s14).

Comment

They are definitely the same length? S13 length is 13 abd 7/8s.... the arms I pulled off were around 1.5" longer

Comment

Well for aftermarket arms it's the same thing, just different sized spacers. At least SPL stuff is like that.

Comment

So, for sure, an s13 and s14 run the same stock length toe arm in the rear? the arms that were on my car were much longer than 13 and 7/8

Comment

Subscribed as I also am looking to get my s14 back to arm length baseline. ......

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just measured an s14 set that I forgot I had laying around.

13 7/8.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you very much.

Stock lengths are

8.25" Traction Rods
                    12.25 Camber Rods
                    13.875 Toe Rods

I set my traction rods at 8.5" and the others at stock length. my alignment guy and take it from there!

Comment

Working...
                    X