Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200SX S15 Blade Sway Bars

Hi Crew,

Do any of you have some direction or experience in setting up a true flex blade front and rear sway bar on a circuit only S15?

I understand the basics but there are so many blade thicknesses and bar diameters i don't actually know where to start....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cusco

I think coleman racing has a bunch of charts on their website. I would start out just a little thicker than stock. A verticle blade should compare to a non adjustable bar, then any adjustment would just make it softer for liw traction conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cusco View Post
      Hi Crew,

Do any of you have some direction or experience in setting up a true flex blade front and rear sway bar on a circuit only S15?

I understand the basics but there are so many blade thicknesses and bar diameters i don't actually know where to start....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cusco
      www.1speedway.com is Speedway Engineering's website they have charts as well as products that can help you accomplish this goal.

Comment

Those aren't blade type bars that I could find.

As for the blade, you really need to examine the torsional stiffness for the bar you want to use vs. the blade's stiffness in bending in the two positions. You'd ideally want the bar stiffer than you'd normally use, then use the blade to drop the stiffness below what you'd normally be using.

That said, it's kinda pricey.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

yeah those are nifty, but it's $1000+ for a blade type bar setup when you can buy a "regular" multi-hole adjustable bar for about $200-250..
          You can do a straight, splined bar setup for about $350 for the first one, then new bars are $120-250 each and used are $50-200 each, depending on size.
          Originally posted by SoSideways
          I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
          '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Have you guys source for diy adjustable blade sway bar there? I´m going to have one in my datsun. It´s easy to adjust just by turning blade(s)
            This kind of set is ~450€ here in (expensive) finland. Come with everything needed and bar is cro-mo tube.
            Needs little bit work, though.
            Attached Files
            RS13 & HLS30, never ready

Comment

There are many race shops that sell the parts to make them here. However, the adjustable arm is about $200, the cam to adjust it is $50, and the socket they fit in on the end of the bar is $150. After that, the bar itself is relatively cheap.
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
              X