SR20DET motorsports success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET motorsports success

Looking for some first hand feedback on how competitive a 240sx with an SR is. Ideally in NASA ST3 or ST2.

I figure Corvettes will have more torque especially low which will also probably lead to fewer shifts, but maybe I can outdrive them in the corners. And I suspect 240sx will be cheaper on consumables than Corvette.

I read http://www.nissanroadracing.com/show...highlight=scca for STU - not encouraging.
    winhpde.com

Keep in mind that for STU, the car has to run on a stock turbo with an inlet restrictor. That's completely different than a power/weight class where you can run an aftermarket turbo with no restrictor and tune your power curve with turbo/cam/boost settings.. for STU, you run as much boost as you can till the turbo starts sucking wind. Gives you a lot of torque coming out of the turns, but you run out of air at the top end and an N/A car with similar HP levels will catch/pull you on long straights. The turbo has advantage on short tracks because of the fatter midrange and corner-exit torque. (You can get in front of an NA car on the straight and then hey have to pass you in braking/turns.)
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
    X