Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have some quick questions on JIC coils (S14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some quick questions on JIC coils (S14)

JIC FLT-A2s. 8K F/ 6K R. Are they good? I remember back in the day everyone loved them, but not sure how they compare to stuff that's out today. I'm not a suspension expert, so I wanted to see what you guys thought. Also, is JIC even around anymore? I know JIC Japan went out of business, but JIC USA bought all their stock and kept going. The US website hasn't been updated in 2 years though, but it's still up and running. If I bought a used set and they needed work, would I be **** out of luck? Would they be worth getting or should I just wait until I can get something better? They were ran for 4 years on a daily apparently, but not slammed to **** according to the seller.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

They're probably dead/leaking by now. I think they were decent dampers, but nothing special really. I know they didn't seem to last long from all the "leaking" sets I saw for sale a few years after they were the hot thing.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Hmm... good to know. Thanks for the input. He claims that they are leak free, but also the pics look like they are spotless clean, so I'm thinking he cleaned them up which would cover up any signs of leaking.

Also, if JIC is still around, it would be over a grand to get them rebuilt which would get rid of any value of picking these up, ha ha.

Here are his pics of the fronts:

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Looks like the inside of them is around 1.5 mm bigger than a 3000GT Bilstein, but some shim stock should fix that up if you wanted a cheap damper option if they were blown. No idea on the rears.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Those are too clean to be that old and have too many miles on them. ZERO corrosion on them is suspect, IMO.
          Originally posted by SoSideways
          I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
          '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Yeah, I decided to pass, lol. I'll keep saving my pennies. With the motor swapping over to the S14 I won't have anything but the stock suspension, so it'll be entertaining having a 425whp setup in an otherwise stock car, ha ha. Once I get the S13 sold as a stock-ish car,then I'll have more funds to drop on suspension.

Comment

You should put some drag radials on it and do a hard launch and see if the ass end scrapes the ground!
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Ha ha, talk about squat!

Comment

Working...
                X