CNC Combustion Chamber to 87mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Combustion Chamber to 87mm

Anyone have any personal experience with having mazworx CNC machine the heads combustion chamber to 87mm?
    http://www.mazworx.com/product/cylin...n-chamber-87mm

Popped some rockers and dropped a valve in cylinder 4.
    Ordering a new set of pistons. Going 11.0:1 this time.
    Need to either find a new S14/15 head or try and fix this one. Motor is getting bored .40 over to 87mm. So if doing this machining the heads combustion area to 87mm will make the head usable again and is a actual benefit performance wise it seems like the way to go.

Head after valve dropped
    Attached Files
    98 240sx w/ S15 SR20DET, TD06 20g, FMIC, 3in exhuast, walbro, EBC,

Based on the depth of that damage, I would suspect you need more help than that will provide.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

That head is toast. Why not go VE head and forget fancy CNC stuff?
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Not looking to do the whole VE conversion.

Comment

Looking at that one again, the valve seats and bowls are all trash. there's no way you could get that head to flow properly or valves to seal again unless you welded a ton of material into the head and mill it back down. not worth it for the price of an SR head.
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

I figured it was probably toast. Ill locate another S14/15 head.
            Just need to decide what all to do to it. Thinking ill have this CNC done and maybe just some supertech black nitrate valves and springs.

Would like to find another DE head so I can use the 6mm exhaust valves with out having to change guides.

Comment

you need new valves anyway!
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Actually I have another S15 head with good stock valves. It's just damaged from a blown gasket.
                But I want to use these supertech valves with the thinner stem.
                Attached Files

Comment

So you have 12 Supertech valves that are good, 16 OEM valves that are good, and no usable head to put them in...
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    So you have 12 Supertech valves that are good, 16 OEM valves that are good, and no usable head to put them in...
                    No. The valves that are in the other head that blew a gasket are oem. I have no supertech valves. Was considering getting some.

Yes to me having no good head to put valves in. I need a new S14/15 head.

Comment

OK.. I thought you had Supertech valves in the head that got FUBARd by the dropped valve.
                      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by tom n View Post
                        Not looking to do the whole VE conversion.
                        Why in the world would you bother with the $$$ of CNC work on a regular DET head though?

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                          Why in the world would you bother with the $$$ of CNC work on a regular DET head though?
                          Would it make more power doing so?
                          If the answer is yes then there's the reason. If it doesn't then I wouldn't.

Comment

A VE head will destroy even a well worked DET head considering you can actually rev the thing and put big boy cams in it as long as you have piston to valve clearance.

Do a minor valve job on a VE head and there's no way you can get as much flow with a DET head.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                              A VE head will destroy even a well worked DET head considering you can actually rev the thing and put big boy cams in it as long as you have piston to valve clearance.

Do a minor valve job on a VE head and there's no way you can get as much flow with a DET head.

I get that. But it's not like I just go buy a VE head and drop it on.
                              I like keeping the car using most of the stock stuff aside from internals.
                              You look under the hood and it looks so stock. Factory manifolds, a/c, power stearing etc.
                              Last edited by tom n; 05-16-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X