No announcement yet.

Cooling Line Replacement - Going to Track Tomorrow Morning - Need Advice ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Line Replacement - Going to Track Tomorrow Morning - Need Advice ASAP

Skip to the bottom to bypass my rant and get to the actual question

So....I'm getting ready to head out to Sebring for an all day HPDE tomorrow and a hose splits under the intake manifold, spraying coolant all over the bottom of the motor. I pull over to call AAA and there is no cell service on Verizon. I try my work phone, which is also Verizon....no service.

There is a Holiday Inn Express nearby, so I walk and use their courtesy phone to call AAA. While I'm waiting, I fire up my laptop I try to use my Verizon Air Card...guess what? That's right, it's on the same system...doh! I'm an idiot...so the manager let's me use their business computer. While I'm waiting to chat with a Verizon rep, the tow truck arrives.

I have the car towed to a local shop (the only one that I will let touch my car) and the owner finds the exact hose that is split, but doesn't have time to work on it.

The car is towed back home and I need to clear out all the crap in my 1 car condo garage (that I was in the process of reorganizing) to get to the hose...and...it appears....there is no freaking way I can get to any of those hoses without pulling the manifold off...

All of the hoses appear to have crazy bends (S13 SR20DET) and I'm wondering if anyone has part numbers to pick up replacements at a large parts store or if I need to order OEM?
    Last edited by voiddweller; 01-17-2014, 10:33 PM.
    '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET​​​​​
    '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE
    '19 Expedition Max
    Previous HPDE Cars: '17 Civic Type R, '02 Golf GTI, '99 Integra GS-R, '97 200SX SE-R, '96 240SX, '92 240SX

I found some stuff off Zilvia, but it seems I couldn't ever get the part numbers locally.

It's annoying, but I ended up taking all the hoses off and going into an autoparts store and talking the guy into showing me the molded rubber hoses and letting me pick out ones that would work. I ended up getting ones that would work with some cutting and most were a bit thicker than the OEM ones as well.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

So sorry to hear but glad it was now and not 2 laps into your day. Call one of the nissan dealerships that handles a lot of the jdm stuff. Courtesy Nissan comes to mind. They might be able to help.

But your best bet is to match some stuff up from the local auto parts. You can loop your heater line if its easier

Comment

You can find silicone coolant hose sets on eBay that include the ones under the intake manifold.

Verizon wireless was completely down today all over SW Florida.
        98 240sx w/ S15 SR20DET, TD06 20g, FMIC, 3in exhuast, walbro, EBC,

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've never experienced a Verizon outage until today. Murphy's Law was in full effect...at least the tow truck driver (one of the few women I've seen in the profession) was hilarious...oh, this one upped her...

A local county sheriff pulled up along side as the car was being strapped down to the flatbed. He said in a very light hearted tone, "A 240 on a tow truck? What are the odds? LOL Seriously, my wife had one of these and talks about getting another one every time she see one on the road. Very nice car!" I said, "When it's fixed do you want to drive it?" "No," he said, "you haven't seen me drive. It's better that I don't Good luck!" He drove off with a smile...

The silicone hoses on eBay were around $63 for the full set and will be here next week. Might as well replace them all. If they quality is close to my Samco radiator hoses, they should outlast the car. While the car is down, I'll swap out the SR TB with the KA TB so I can have my cruise control back for the 14+ hour drives that I'll be making to Mid-Ohio and VIR. The S14a's lack of lumbar support really sucks...

I tried to pick up some rubber hoses locally, but the stores were closed, so I'll be driving my friend's modified Integra GS-R at Sebring. It's a fun car, but lacking a little in the HP department.

Regardless, Saturday is not a $400 loss. It's days like this that you see who your true friends are
          Last edited by voiddweller; 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM.
          '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE
          '19 Expedition Max
          Previous HPDE Cars: '17 Civic Type R, '02 Golf GTI, '99 Integra GS-R, '97 200SX SE-R, '96 240SX, '92 240SX

Comment

Just finished Sebring. Had a great time! My overall speed through the turns increased 8 mph so I'm happy :-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE
            '19 Expedition Max

Comment

Working...
            X