Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S15 - stiffen subframe without changing squat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S15 - stiffen subframe without changing squat?

Just wondering if there is a particular set or method of slip on "pineapple" installation that will help reduce the subframe squirm without changing the factory squat?

Also, will it increase ride height at all?

I'm talking about the things that compress / deactivate the rubber bushings without the hassle (presumably) of removing them.

I'm looking for a DIY solution that doesn't involve pulling the subframe out as I don't have the time or resources at the moment, but it would be nice to reduce the squirm that seems to happen when loading up the backend in a corner.

I'm open to correction but the squat behaviour of the rearend of this car does not seem to be a problem, are there potential improvements or is it best to stick with 'if it ain't broke..'?

Thanks

In the US, they're typically called subframe collars, and they're usually made out of aluminum.

Yes, they do lock stuff down pretty well and are a quick 15-30 min install.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

30mins sounds excellent.

Do they affect the ride height or antisquat at all though? I'd like to keep both as-is if possible.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the subframe collars lower the subframe a few mm therefore lowering anti-squat aka giving more "squat"

Comment

Not enough to really matter on both of those. Your tires wearing from full tread to half tread is more of a change.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yeah okay thanks.

It's just the rear of my car is a little higher than I'd like already (higher than front, no height adjustment) so I'm trying to avoid raising it, but it sounds like it will be minimal.

Comment

You can also find the subframe "collars" made of urethane. It'll make it stiffer than OEM but not solid like the metal collars.
              Don Johnson (really!)
              Just so you know.

Comment

Working...
              X