Kognition carbon fiber sunroof delete panels are BACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kognition carbon fiber sunroof delete panels are BACK

I'm in no way affiliated with Kognition, just passing on the good news. I've been bugging them all year about a delete panel and I got the newsletter email yesterday saying they're back in production. The shop has a lot of awesome new tools aiding in the design and production process. I'm looking forward to not having to cover my roof in plastic during rainy track days.

Rain cometh! And Kognition has you covered! Our universal vacuum infused carbon fiber sunroof deletes are trimmed to your size requirements! Deletes are easy to install, never fade or warp in heat or cold. $300 shipped within the USA. Call today! (619)961-8945
    Made in the USA by Kognition Design

couldn't you fab up something for a lot cheaper...?
    I fail to understand this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by babowc View Post
      couldn't you fab up something for a lot cheaper...?
      I fail to understand this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
      Why spend $30-40 when you can spend $220!!!!

Basically, it's for those drift-o folks who like some bling, and don't know how to make stuff them selves.
      '95 240sx

Comment

If it's got the same curvature of the roof it might offer a better fit, but our sunroof areas are pretty flat. I do think it'd be pretty easy to just tack weld in an 16-18 Ga sheet metal panel with some stiffening ribs once it's in shape.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

It's made to match our curviture perfectly. Of course you can fab up a panel cheap but I had no desire for ugly tack welded aluminum on my roof. I've seen it and I'm not a fan. I don't mind spending the extra money in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Philipio View Post
            It's made to match our curviture perfectly. Of course you can fab up a panel cheap but I had no desire for ugly tack welded aluminum on my roof. I've seen it and I'm not a fan. I don't mind spending the extra money in this case.
            Really?

I'd love to see someone tack weld aluminum to the STEEL roof of a 240sx

There was an invention some time back called a grinder...it works wonders for removing the ugly from welding...combined with some paint...it's an amazing thing.
            I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Haha, so sorry for getting details wrong. Don't let it upset you too much.

Comment

My dad riveted an alu sheet over his sunroof when he caged his S13. even took the time to use flat head rivets and fill/sand the gaps before painting the top half of the car, but it's still pretty obvious there's a huge flat spot in the roof there. it would take some pretty good panel work to get the curvature of the sunroof right on an alu panel.
                Originally posted by SoSideways
                I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Been thinking of sunroof delete for a while, black S14.

It'd probably come out better if I just painted the sheet and put it on, before trying to paint match the entire top area, ya? Maybe even just carbon fiber tape it and I've basically got this kognition piece

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    My dad riveted an alu sheet over his sunroof when he caged his S13. even took the time to use flat head rivets and fill/sand the gaps before painting the top half of the car, but it's still pretty obvious there's a huge flat spot in the roof there. it would take some pretty good panel work to get the curvature of the sunroof right on an alu panel.
                    To completely match the curvature might be difficult since I imagine it's not a constant radius across the whole panel, but a little bit of time and a piece of bent over 16 Ga sheet metal that's tack welded to the panel can make it curve pretty easily. Still would take a decent amount of work to make it look "factory" though.
                    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

it's made to match the curvature of our cars, and yet it says 'universal' in the caption above? Curious if it fits an S13 hatch, coupe or S14 better.

Fortunately my caar has a sunroof that doesn't leak. If it did I would probbly look into something like this.

Comment

I know he's using a 3D scanner, I'm not sure of details on that. I ordered one for an S14 specifically. I'm guessing by universal he means he can make one for many cars? I'll post a picture once installed.

Comment

Pictures as promised. Curvature is absolutely perfect, spot on. Couldn't be happier. Again, I ordered the S14 delete specifically.

Comment

I need one. That's right, need. Not want. Need. I can't fab because I don't have the experience or the tools. Best be safe and right the first time!

Comment

How is the panel installed? is it water tight? how do you like the quality of the panel? I also have a track car s14 with a sunroof that crapped out on me, and I want to get rid of it.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X