X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLSD vs Cusco LSD video comparison

Never seen this before so sharing:

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by a_ahmed; 09-01-2013, 03:57 PM.
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Interesting. Odd they treat the explaination as if the factory diff is an open diff, when the Silvia they use is a Spec R, which should have an HLSD if I understand the loadouts for that generation car. My only issue with the testing criteria is that they obviously picked tests that favoured conditions where the wheels need to be locked, aside from the slalom.

Comment

MMMmmmmm... Cusco goodness. I'll be getting an RS soon (a new one so I don't have to deal with f'in scammers).
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I saw a few used on ebay... but you say there are scammers ey? Who, actual vendors?

Where will you be getting yours. I'm contemplating selling my HLSD and getting a 2 way cusco or kaaz...

I just wonder if local clutch shops could build the discs too? I mean when it comes to rebuilding these?
        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Def, did you ever get that transaction sorted out?
          VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Yep. I finally talked to someone in Paypal that was located in the US instead of India, and they immediately reversed the transaction after seeing the BS I was being put through. They also credited me $100 for shipping the package out twice (first time to the wrong address provided by Paypal), when the actual cost was a bit less. Then another $25 after I got the item back to the unstable dbag.

So I guess I made a small amount of money from having to be totally pissed off numerous times dealing with Paypal's level 1 (and 2) support reps.

Comment

I purchased a barely used Cusco RS on on ebay a few years back for $700 shipped. Very nice lsd indeed... Ended up selling it because I needed money... wish I hadn't. I know they come up for sale on the yahoo japan auction site every once in a while for a good price. I'll probably try to pick another one up soon if I can't find a os giken or carbonetics to try out.

Previously had the Cusco MZ lsd but didn't like that one as much as I liked the RS.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                MMMmmmmm... Cusco goodness. I'll be getting an RS soon (a new one so I don't have to deal with f'in scammers).
                Just curious, and I think it was in another thread or earlier in here, but why an RS instead of a Giken or something?

Comment

Are the RS still available new from Cusco? I believe the difference between the MZ and RS are that the RS has additional springs for smoother engagement while the MZ is their entry lsd.

Os Giken however... I think that's the best that's offered for our cars with double the plates of comparable diffs is it not?
                  Last edited by a_ahmed; 09-03-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beejis60 View Post
                    Just curious, and I think it was in another thread or earlier in here, but why an RS instead of a Giken or something?
                    Price (I can get wholesale pricing on them) is the main one. I think the Cusco works just fine, and IIRC has more plates than the Giken. The design of the RS should make service intervals longer, although the Giken doesn't seem to really suffer from wear much.

Comment

I just installed a cusco rs 2 way in my car and have one autocross event on it so far. It's so much better than the crap VLSD I had. Got it used on zilvia from the GTR garage vendor. Very smooth transaction and 4 day shipping from Japan.

I believe the main difference from mz to rs is the type of spring and a certain washer that's on the outside of the clutch plates. The rs has coil Springs and the mz has beehive type or something. I could convert mine if I bought a mz rebuild kit.

Sent from my HTC One
                      SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Comment

Is yours a 2 way/1 way, or a 2 way/1.5 way?

Comment

Mine ended up being 2 / 1 way. Was really hoping for the other version.

I restacked everything after that picture the right way after cusco sent me installation files. I didn't take pictures when I took it apart for inspection. Oops.

Sent from my HTC One
                          SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Comment

Def, I thought you could set it up yourself with whatever "way" you want?

And what is that wd40 nonsense? I've never bought a can of that in my life...

pb blaster or gtfo

Comment

Looks like there are only two ramp options. The equilateral rhombus which is the 2-way and the triangle which would be a 1-way.
                              S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

Working...
                              X