Compressor surge??? And my BOV isn't releasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor surge??? And my BOV isn't releasing

Hello, I'm new to this forum and iv been told this is the best place to go for all Nissan enthusiasts, well I really need some help I'm rather lost. I have an s13 black top in my 89 240sx and iv switched to a S15 T28 instead of the stock T25. And for a long time iv ran a super sequential bov and believed nothing was wrong. I'm running 10lbs of boost and at idle I'm running 22 inches of vacuum. When I was under the hood the other day my roommate hit the throttle and I saw my 90 degree 3 ply coupler collapse at the throttle body so I did it again myself and it did it again and noticed that the flutter sound iv been hearing isn't coming from my bov instead it's coming from my intake filter which screams compressor surge! I also replace my bov with a new teil that doesn't clutter to just double check I wasn't going crazy lol and still the same problem and my BOV isn't releasing even under load!!. I have looked it up and tried to figure it on my own but Now im lost can anyone shed some light on what would be causing this and how I might be able to fix it please help I don't want cause anymore damage to my turbo also I'm gonna try to upload a short video showing what's going on

What Vac Port are you using for the BOV?

Comment

directly behind/top of the throttle body there are 3 ports 2 smaller and one a little larger i ran line from the BOV to the first smaller port.

Comment

did you confirm there is vacuum from that port? IIRC, the sr near the throttle body has some vacuum looking ports that aren't actually vacuum. pull the hose at idle and see if there is vacuum.

you may want to get a new 90 that doesn't collapse as easily as well.

finally, BOV needs some load to work. free revving on your driveway shouldn't make it release unless your spring is really loose, which probably means it leaks under real load.

Comment

I double checked and the port I'm using is getting vacuum. And I think I'm gonna replace the coupler with an aluminum 90. And the BOV doesn't open under load either which tells me that the spring is to hard. And that would cause me to have that compressor surge flutter thu the intake correct? But then why would I get that flutter Erving it at idle?

Comment

Typically you won't make boost revving in idle, especially with a lightweight flywheel. Some BOV's rely on boost to help them open up.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

But it still doesn't go off under load either

Comment

Remove the vacuum hose from the bov and check it has vacuum. If it does can you adjust your bov? A lot are adjustable so they go off under less pressure.

Comment

Is it hooked up to the proper side of the bov?

Comment

Yes I checked it it does have vacuum an this teil doesn't seem to be adjustable to my knowledge you just buy different springs. My bov only has one place to hook up the vacuum line

Comment

Teil? TiAL BOV?

What spring are you running, and are you on stock cams?
                      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Running stock cams and a 7 lb spring and yea a TiAL BoV

Comment

Working...
                        X