Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - A/C Issue

My a/c keeps switching on and off.

its not low pressure switch (since otherwise the compressor wouldent kick on)

i dont believe its the clutch relay (replaced a few months ago, i can hear it clicking on)

system is full (filled it professionally last week, and came back 3 days later to check for leaks with UV Light, no leaks and system is still full)

took two videos of what im talking about, watch the compressor, this is on a hot day, maybe 90 degrees outside, on a night, it blows freezing cold, 28 degress

what else could it be??? its full, it gets cold, please help me

http://youtu.be/vzrWgeg8TJM

http://youtu.be/9hxFfNBWd54

Hook up a test light to check the status of the clutch solenoid engage wire when this is happening, its possible the clutch plate is warped, or just gotten glazed over, or needs reshimming, if its got power when slipping, check gap with feeler gauge, remove and you can often just resurface it with some sandpaper on a flat block, then reinstall with proper gap by shimming.

Comment

Just watched the video, sure looks like a slipping clutch.

Remove the plate, sand, reinstall with proper gap, thin spring washers at lowes make for handy quick shims to use for the gap adjustment.

Comment

It could still easily be the pressure switch, but that sort of cylcing is usually indicative of a improperly (over or under) filled system.
        'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
        [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
        [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
          It could still easily be the pressure switch, but that sort of cylcing is usually indicative of a improperly (over or under) filled system.
          I agree with this. Get a gauge on it and watch the high side when the clutch kicks off.
          Originally posted by Def

The reason why you want signal lines as slow as possible, is that there is actually some mass flow through the signal line, enough that the cross sectional area and "long" run can cause significant minor head losses.

Comment

Working...
          X