S14 lsd help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 lsd help!

I'm looking for some advice on a lsd for my 98 240sx. I have narrowed my decision down to getting a 1.5 way lsd. The problem is what brand should I go with, Kaaz, Cusco, Quaife... I do plan on taking the my car to some local auto x events and I am going to participate in some track days at Sebring and Homestead. I am not worried about if the lsd is loud or not. I am also running spl solid sub frame and diff bushings. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Viksz33; 05-02-2013, 07:28 AM.

If it were me, I'd make my decision of like products with similar features based on the cost upfront and cost to rebuild later on down the line.
    '95 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by Viksz33 View Post
      I'm looking for some advice on a lsd for my 98 240sx. I have narrowed my decision down to getting a 1.5 way lsd. The problem is what brand should I go with, Kaaz, Cusco, Quaife... I do plan on taking the my car to some local auto x events and I am going to participate in some track days at Sebring and Homestead. I am not worried about if the lsd is loud or not. I am also running spl solid sub frame and diff bushings. Any help would be appreciated.
      Quaife is not a clutch LSD and therefore doesn't have a "way" like the others. If you're auto-xing, you should look into an OS Giken.

Comment

That's true, but it's open on decel so it could be considered a 1.0 way if you wanted. It's also open if you lift a tire. I have an S15 diff and I love it, but if I were starting from scratch they way I use the car now, I would go with a clutch type. All the ones listed wold be a good choice, picking based on price is probably the best route.

Comment

I have a Cusco 1.5 in my S14. I don't have any complaints about it. It has been in the car for ~7 years, some drifting, autox, track days by the previous owner, 4 seasons of autox and a couple track days by me. It is the only diff I've driven with, so I can't compare it to the others. The OS Giken is considered the best, and probably the only thing I would change to from where I am now.

Comment

OS Giken seems to be the consensus on the best clutch type.
            Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
            TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

It's soooo good

Comment

Originally posted by e1_griego View Post
                It's soooo good
                Yep when the pressure ring is installed correctly. It's nice to have the full lockup on accel instead of decel.
                NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

I appreciate all the input but does anyone have any experience with Kaaz. I am able to get one for just under a grand shipped.

Comment

Working...
                  X