MAP Sensor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP Sensor Question

I have a quick question for all the guys running a stand alone system. Right now I am only running a TPS but am having a problem with the car stalling at "paddock" speed. This is a full race car, no street use at all. I am running a mild cam and running a na single cam motor. I have called SDS and they have been great about trying to remedy the problem but nothing has worked. It appears the car is going ultra lean and cutting the system off. We reworked the TPS numbers to richen it up to no avail. We are now going to try running a MAP sensor in addition to the TPS. My question is where is the easiest/most logical place to pull the vacuum off a stock KA intake manifold? I have tried searching the site as well as some of the other sites and most of the info I have come up with has been for aftermarket intakes. Thanks in advance.

Dan Rolfe

I'm pulling my MAP vacuum source off of the fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

For a standalone I'd just drill and tap another source on the plenum. No point in dividing a pressure source over and over when tapping the plenum won't take long.
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
        For a standalone I'd just drill and tap another source on the plenum. No point in dividing a pressure source over and over when tapping the plenum won't take long.
        Straight from Intake manifold. That's what I am getting my vacuum for MAP.

Comment

Working...
        X