KA24DE High Capacity Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DE High Capacity Oil Pan

Removed my stock oil pan and found this. I guess the pickup tube doesn't like the vibration from a 7800rpm KA. Luckily I over fill the stock pan 1qt. I'm going to weld additional straps to the new one. Glad I decided to change the oil pan!

Here's some photos of the new pan during the test fit. It's a Xcessive Mfg cast upper and a Tomei lower for a SR20DET.

NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Scary!
    Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
    TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Makes me think next time I remove the oil pan I'll install an inspection port!
      Don Johnson (really!)
      Just so you know.

Comment

Thats how my last SR died, anything from now on gets a bead welded around the damn tube.

Comment

Very nice oil pan! Any pictures of the internal baffling? Have you considered a crank shaft scraper & windage tray setup from crankshaftscrapers.com?
          What engine mounts do run?
          Do you use the two lower trans stiffener brackets?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason M View Post
            Very nice oil pan! Any pictures of the internal baffling? Have you considered a crank shaft scraper & windage tray setup from crankshaftscrapers.com?
            What engine mounts do run?
            Do you use the two lower trans stiffener brackets?
            Photos of the internal baffling - http://www.frsport.com/Tomei-11111R5...15_p_8252.html

Engine mounts are Xcessive Mfr lowering mounts. They work great.

I do use the stock steel support braces. The two rear bolts on the Xcessive pan are only accessible if trans is out. I'm going to cut the flange off the rear of the pan to gain access to the two rear bolts and use the stock support braces.
            NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

New setup looks awesome. Were you noticing any oil pressure drop on long corners or did you switch pans just for peace of mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris28 View Post
                New setup looks awesome. Were you noticing any oil pressure drop on long corners or did you switch pans just for peace of mind?
                No pressure drop on long corners but wanted to increase the sump capacity to help reduce oil temp and shim the oil pump a little more. When I originally shimmed it I guessed and used a 0.060" shim. The pressure was good but wanted ~5psi more. Plus the oil pan was leaking. Glad I decided to take the pan off after seeing the broken pickup tube.
                NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

Working...
                X