Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we've just gone to the dark side with an s14 we just bought!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we've just gone to the dark side with an s14 we just bought!

our 1st 240sx (still close to 100% stock -- even the exhaust!!!)

5spd of course... 1995 SE that we just picked up in Arizona (phoenix) last week

mileage on it is decent too!

and the interior is stock (no ricer cut down shifter or lighted shifter knob here!)

and here are some underside pics just for fun (those in rust belt will appreciate this)

and more beauty shots after getting the front windows tinted:

- 1995 Infiniti G20t 5speed track beastie for PTF/TTF
    - 1994 Sentra sr20de soon to be PTF/PTE
    - 1995 240sx SE 5spd (fun summer car)

~ ABS and traction control are for people who can't drive

looks to be in really good shape other than a bit of clearcoat issues. congrats!
    now buy mine! :P
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Hey, I remember having a car that looked not too different from that.

Kinda jealous others seem to be able to find clean ABS 240's in this day and age.
      '95 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
        looks to be in really good shape other than a bit of clearcoat issues. congrats!
        now buy mine! :P
        thanks but unless you wanted to trade for either our 94 Nissan or 90 Mustang track car, we aren't looking for another track car at this point (plus we work hard to avoid anything 1996 and newer requiring emissions testing --- if you notice, our Infiniti g20 and spec miata are both 1995 Model Year and then there is our 1994 Sentra SE-R and 1990 Mustang --- all track toys that are titled and street legal in Illinois!)

Originally posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
        Hey, I remember having a car that looked not too different from that.

Kinda jealous others seem to be able to find clean ABS 240's in this day and age.
        ^ yes, it was a very lucky find (and we've literally been searching the ads for 6 years specifically for a 5spd 95 240sx SE model that wasn't badly molested!)

Comment

heh... I picked up a '95 SE w/ ABS just a few months ago for $100.

however, it's an auto, has no VIN, the front bumper is crooked, and the clearcoat is peeling. PERFECT project car!
          Originally posted by SoSideways
          I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
          '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Wish I lived closer to TX

Comment

^ that does indeed sound like the perfect track project.. what a steal at $100 when even junk yards pay more than $100 for running cars!!! good for you! ... I doubt I'd ever in my life get that good a deal.. not even our former 83 RX7 was that cheap as a shell

Comment

By darkside, I thought you were doing a LS swap or something. When you say we, are you part of a shop?

I wouldn't mind hitting the track with some like minded peeps. I'm in the area and hit up Gingerman, Autobahn and Blackhawk once in a while as well as all of the TSSCC & SCCA (Chicago Region) autocross events.
                Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

By 'we' I meant my husband and I and 'we' have been running our FWD g20 in PTF and TTF with NASA and about to run our FWD Sentra SE-R again at the track for 2013 season along with my Spec Miata (yes I'm a girl who w2w races) but so far we've only owned FWD Nissan's and Infiniti's so to us the move to RWD is 'the dark side' but I expect we'll exercise this car in stock form at a DE type event with Laps or MVP at Autobahn in 2013 just to see how it is (no real intent to turn it into another track rat though)

Comment

Wow, I am amazed at how clean that is...

Are all Cali/Arizona cars this clean underneath?

Comment

^ every car we have gotten so far from Phoenix has been that clean underneath provided it spent its whole life in the area

Comment

So right now it is mostly daily duty? I came from fwd to. I don't want to go back, at least for racing. My daily is a 2007 civic si. I've auto crossed it some and it is fun but nothing like the 240.
                        Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                        TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Yea, I've never seen underbody rust like some of the pics I see of NE/Midwest cars that have scaly rust all over the place.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                            Yea, I've never seen underbody rust like some of the pics I see of NE/Midwest cars that have scaly rust all over the place.
                            Don't hate on salt belt weight reduction methods!!

Seriously though I'd be thinking about switching shells soon if I had to daily drive my 240 in the winter months around here. Might last another 2 years of that before it got structurally unsound.

Maybe I should start buying cars from the desert, they seem to last longer.
                            '95 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
                              Don't hate on salt belt weight reduction methods!!

Seriously though I'd be thinking about switching shells soon if I had to daily drive my 240 in the winter months around here. Might last another 2 years of that before it got structurally unsound.

Maybe I should start buying cars from the desert, they seem to last longer.
                              I honestly don't know why more people from the "salt belt" don't buy more used cars from down south, especially if you're planning to work on it and it's more than a few years old.

It'd take a lot of "hidden issues" on a car to equal a super rusty chassis and fasteners in my mind.
                              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                              X