S14 Wheels & Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 Wheels & Tires

What are you S14 guys running for wheels and tires? I'm wondering how much wheel/tire I can fit with just a fender roll. I don't want to have my alignment settings determined by what I need for the tires to clear the fenders.

Wheel size & width, offset, tire size, and camber settings would help.

Thanks!

Best bet is to measure what you have, measure current clearance, and add tire from there. Ride height and suspension travel also will play a big role in what will fit.

IIRC S14s have a little more room than the S13s, but on my S13 I have 235/45-17 on the front and 245/45-17 on the rear and they fit without rolling the fenders. On R-comps I have 275/35-15, which did require fender rolling because they stick out a bit.

Comment

The car that I'm getting doesn't come with wheels. I'm probably going to try to use some of my Z33 wheels and tires at least temporarily.

I have:
      18x9.5 +30
      18x9.5 +25
      17x9.5 +18

245/40-18
      265/35-18
      235/40-17

From what I have read when using coilovers front, inner clearance becomes more of an issue so spacers may be required for clearance.

Comment

I have 18x9.5 +30 in the rear of my s14. At 1-1.5 deg camber i had 265/35/18 federals that fit with no problem. The car was not super slammed, it was about the limit while keeping the control arm above level.

For the front, i just test fitted a 17x9.5 +35 with a 25mm spacer, so effectively a +10, and i just barely clear the coilover spring. That's with a 245/40/17 hoosier, which is about square on the wheel, and 2.75 deg camber.

Comment

I was just going to buy some 17x8 +25. and run 225 45 17 all around on my s14. But I don't know how good that will fit...seem about right? I do not want to run any spacers.

Comment

They will be fine on the front, however the rears will be sunken in...
            VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

I run a 16x8 +15 w/ 225/50 r-comps on them, and a 10mm spacer on the front.

Rears needed to be rolled to clear, fronts should be rolled although they only ever rub during off track excursions.
              '95 240sx

Comment

i'm running 17x9+30 or +27s as my wheels all around. the fronts I have a 10mm spacer, making the offset +20 or +17. Rears I leave alone but they could be spaced out a little more to give it a better look. in terms of drivability and clearance no problems at all.

with the wheels you posted above...do you have a kouki or zenki? i am only familiar with zenki but i believe the late model koukis have more front outside fender clearance.

18x9.5 +30 (this will not clear your coil/strut on the inside)
                18x9.5 +25 (this MIGHT clear depending on the strut/coil you are using but it will be very very close. likely won't clear though)
                17x9.5 +18 (this should clear and still be pretty close on the inside. for the outer fender you may need to roll or pull the fender to not rub. you'd probably be ok with less than a 255 width tire)

on rear fitment with the wheels above the first 2 should be fine. you may have issues with the fender on the +18.

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Originally posted by TboneAl View Post
                    I was just going to buy some 17x8 +25. and run 225 45 17 all around on my s14. But I don't know how good that will fit...seem about right? I do not want to run any spacers.
                    You can run a 245/40/17 on the same and be just fine.
                    My current racing setup is 245/40/17 Hoosier R6 on 17x8 +27...
                    see the photos in my FS thread for shots of how the tires/wheels fits in the fender wells.
                    Originally posted by SoSideways
                    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

350Z V1 track package wheels (the forged aluminum ones by Rays). It's tight, but they fit w/o any fender mods. Tire selection and how much drop you have are a big part of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by float_6969 View Post
                        350Z V1 track package wheels (the forged aluminum ones by Rays). It's tight, but they fit w/o any fender mods. Tire selection and how much drop you have are a big part of it though.
                        That's what I have, even with 10mm spacers it still fits with a slight roll.

245/40 up front, 265/35 in the back. IMO it looks great that way, and plenty of rubber for a street car. Ideally I'd love a 255/275 combo, but it is what it is.

'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                        [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                        [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

LOL, we have similar taste. I have a black Zenki S14, base model on the same wheels. They're off now though due to winter.

Comment

Originally posted by float_6969 View Post
                            LOL, we have similar taste. I have a black Zenki S14, base model on the same wheels. They're off now though due to winter.
                            Haha mine's off the road until March or so. No use driving it in the winter. Plus the Maxima makes for a much better winter car (heated seats FTW)
                            'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                            [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                            [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I don't drive mine much in the winter usually, but the daily is a 03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege and it's got a leaking valve stem seal that I need to fix, so I wanted the S14 to be road worthy should I end up having to take the head off the MSP to fix it. This will be the first winter in the MSP, so a turbo FWD car should be interesting in the snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X