Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

300ZX caliper brackets for 12,75" 350Z rotors - Does anyone have experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300ZX caliper brackets for 12,75" 350Z rotors - Does anyone have experience?

Hi, I am looking for a brake upgrade for my 300ZX calipers in the front. I've been hit on the following adapters:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180680930380...=p5197.c0.m619

Are there any experiences with these, if they can withstand really in any situation of stress. What do you think of the parts?

Someone is using this adapter in his track tool?

Thanks for your answer.

Greatings, ludi

Why would you use a Z32 caliper with a Z33 rotor?

I would at least upgrade to the Z33 Brembos or Wilwood FSL caliper while doing this.

Comment

Lots of people do it. Oem reliability, but much better performance.
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Beejis60 View Post
        Why would you use a Z32 caliper with a Z33 rotor?

I would at least upgrade to the Z33 Brembos or Wilwood FSL caliper while doing this.
        The question is justified. 3 reasons I have for it: The 350Z/R33 GTR calipers are very expensive, the pads only differ by 1 cm in height (same thickness and width) and in Germany there are no problems when the brake caliper "Nissan" instead of "Brembo" stands.

@Matt93SE

The adapter so have got any brake load, yes? Are there people that this adapter run with slicks?

Thanks for your opinion!

Greatings, ludi

Comment

There are some janky ones out there favorite the bracket sees more load than the spindle due to its design for the necessary offset.

IMO, a Wilwood superlite pays for itself in about 4-8 track days with longer pad life and no dust boots burning up. No brained over the Z32s over the long haul.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
            There are some janky ones out there favorite the bracket sees more load than the spindle due to its design for the necessary offset.
            I'm sorry, unfortunately I can not translate what you're saying. Would it be possible to explain it more precisely what you want to say? Thanks for that!

Greatings, ludi

Comment

There are some poorly designed brackets out there so choose wisely.

The bracket is shaped like an L to give the proper offset for the.new rotor. So it sees a lot of bending loads (think bending a paperclip). So it is very highly loaded amd a critical part.

Comment

The brake pad overhangs past the outside diameter of the rotor as well, the caliper just wasnt designed for that diameter rotor.

Comment

Wilwood calipers do the same thing with rotor sizes they are rated for.
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    Wilwood calipers do the same thing with rotor sizes they are rated for.
                    I haven't experienced this. They have plenty of rotor clearance for what they're rated for.

Superlites especially are more than fine up to their max ~13" rotor diameter. At 12.2" you've got loads of clearance on the edges of the rotor radius. So if you've got pad overhang below 13", it's because your bracket doesn't position things correctly.

Comment

Yeah, not buying that one, they have their specific diameter range listed for a reason.

Comment

Dynalites are rated to 13" rotors, but when you stack them on there, the pad is even with the outer edge of the rotor when the caliper is mashed against the rotor. Add about 3mm clearance for thermal expansion and such, and you've got a fair amount of pad overhang. Its not the prettiest, but i have never had a problem (functionally) with it on any calipers I've used on my car.
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Oh i'm not talking 3mm, I remember seeing them and it being something like 10+mm

Comment

Then that was simply the wrong rotor for the bracket, or the bracket was horribly designed. Never should you see that much pad overhang.
                            Z32 cals with 13" rotors gives you about 2-3mm of overhang if you have the caliper spaced correctly.
                            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
                            X