Stupid brake fitting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid brake fitting question

Upon further investigation, I found that my SS lines are a concave flare type fitting, however the OEM Nissan hardline coming from the bay/BMC is also a concave flare type fitting... what fuk the?

Anyone ever come across this? Please don't tell me everyone's SS brake lines are like this. Last time I checked, one end needs to be convex to seal.
    Unless I received the wrong part number or something.....

there are bubble and inverted flare joints, and male and female of each. any joint should be of the same type, and if you have two males to join, just get a union.

Comment

I figured it out, thanks. But there was no union with proper flare to mate them.

Comment

Just fyi, all of Nissan's fittings are inverted flare, 10mm x 1.0mm
        Not the easiest to find adapters for, but they are out there.
        What I did for my mc to hardline connections was to cut off the factory m10 and crimp on a 3/8-24 inverted flare fitting. Those are easier to find.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
          Just fyi, all of Nissan's fittings are inverted flare, 10mm x 1.0mm
          Not the easiest to find adapters for, but they are out there.
          What I did for my mc to hardline connections was to cut off the factory m10 and crimp on a 3/8-24 inverted flare fitting. Those are easier to find.
          Ya, instead of effing around with cutting hardline, I just bought stoptech/centric lines and they were fine. IDK wtf brand I got that has the opposite flare, but iirc, looks like it would fit a Mitsu. Don't know why someone would send me that shyt.

Comment

Working...
          X