I wonder who did this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder who did this?

I know I had that 'track kat' bike shocks thread once with the whole assembly looking like it would collapse on itself from stress but this looks pretty cool i wonder who did it and what shocks they used/etc...:

It certainly would make adjustment alot quicker...
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Didn't someone on here say they were gonna make that?

Comment

I would love it as it would make adjustments on the fly easy.. I frickin hate dealing with adjusting the koni 8611s by having to take it off as the compression knob is on the bottom hidden away :-/...

Whether its spring changes or whatever changes this would be far easier to deal with I would think... And although most will neglect the benefits of it in a 'car like ours', I think it's awesome and not just for the 'hey its cool' factor

By design it would also make the shocks fixated and transfer the forces/work better being caged in like that. Unsprung weight savings, etc....
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

I remember seeing a thread about this same thing on here. I recall everyone saying it was a waste of money, and something about using some suspension components from a sports bike.

Comment

no no no, no one saw this one. The one you're thinking is also a thread I created back in like 2008 or something about the 'fat kat' or track kat or something like that... it was bike shocks and a crappy bolton lever system that looked like it would bend upon itself from any lack of support it was like a bent strut tower bar lol... terrible idea

Comment

This ****,

http://fatcatfabrication.com/id3.html

The difference between the two is like getting wanabe coilovers that drop you car vs proper custom coilovers with dampers that work. They appear similar but one is done like ass, the other more proper.

Just looking at the fat cat 'track setup' you can see how it looks terrible by design.. and of course as mentioned unknown bike shocks whether questionably revalved or not able to support the extra weight of a car.. especially in racing conditions...

Comment

Still doesn't make much sense. all that weight of a 4pt cage and all that money spent on suspension, yet it's still got most of the interior. I'm gonna bet there's a million more compromises in there. meh..
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

if you look carefully it appears the cage goes forward as you can see the gussets near the door...

Comment

If you are looking for an easier way to adjust your dampers, just get better dampers.

A monotube shock would have the adjuster at the top of the shock mount, and easily adjusted from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
                    if you look carefully it appears the cage goes forward as you can see the gussets near the door...
                    gotcha.. can see it now. was posting from my phone earlier, so coudln't see it well.
                    Originally posted by SoSideways
                    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Though I'm no engineer, this guy's design seems better than that bolt on turd thing. But just because it's a better design doesn't mean it's optimal. IDK if I would personally do this if I'm too lazy to get on the ground to adjust my struts/shocks, but if that's the selling point for you, why not try it? At least we can have some direct feedback instead of the "this guy's a national champ so it must be good" type of answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X