Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 240sx unstable on bumpy and uneven roads

Wassup road racers,

Having a hard time keeping my car stable with uneven and bumpy roads. I had a performance shop align my car and put everything in the green. Unsure of the specs, I know I didn't have them align it to any specific track but make the car neutral. Car is lowered. I was considering changing the front lower ball joints, and the bushings in the lca, and the rack. Also doing the same for the rear arm.

The car is for track events and auto cross. Unfortunaly getting to the track is the pain in the butt.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thx!

Here is my parts list

Ohlin coilovers(8 front, 6 rear I think)
    SPL parts:
    -Front Tension rod ends
    -Front Tie rod ends
    -Inner Z32 tie rod
    -Rear upper arms
    -Rear toe rods
    -Rear traction rods
    -Rear solid subframe bushings
    -Rear diff bushings.

ST sway bars(green)

Small strut bar, no rear bar.

I have this same problem. I thought my toe was out but it was in the green. I did however, talk to someone else say that after aligning their toe it fixed their's. Or at least it was as bad. I do have Tein s-techs on it I was thinking it was the springs but you have Ohlins and it's still happening.

Comment

hatepotholez: what's your suspension compression travel like? how lowered are you?

Light: it's because you have s-techs...
      '89 RX-7 TurboII - SSM - Widebody - Ford 8.8 IRS - giant wing - Megasquirt3
      '89 Corolla SR5 - SMF - 4A-GE 20 Valve 6 speed swap - Megasquirt-2
      '01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD / Daily
      '81 BMW R65

Comment

Ohlins are usually pretty long shock bodies for off the shelf stuff for these cars, so I'd say first order of business is measuring your travel with a reasonable run over some mild roads, checking it, then going to some rough stuff.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

are your wheels super low offset? that'll do it too
          Originally posted by Jason M
          I have no chance to win without the Giken...

Comment

Front tierod bumpsteer adjusters but no corresponding control arm adjustment?

Comment

Originally posted by Light View Post
              I have this same problem. I thought my toe was out but it was in the green. I did however, talk to someone else say that after aligning their toe it fixed their's. Or at least it was as bad. I do have Tein s-techs on it I was thinking it was the springs but you have Ohlins and it's still happening.
              I'll try again at the shop and see what they say about the toe.

Originally posted by eage8 View Post
              hatepotholez: what's your suspension compression travel like? how lowered are you?

I assume I have good travel, the gap between my tire and fenders is about a pointer finger and a half.

Originally posted by Def View Post
              Ohlins are usually pretty long shock bodies for off the shelf stuff for these cars, so I'd say first order of business is measuring your travel with a reasonable run over some mild roads, checking it, then going to some rough stuff.
              Will do

Originally posted by josh18_2k View Post
              are your wheels super low offset? that'll do it too
              I have no spacers, but I do have a metal adaptor for the hub difference between my wheels and the OE hub.

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
              Front tierod bumpsteer adjusters but no corresponding control arm adjustment?
              That is correct my lca is OE.

Comment

"in the green"

would be alot easier for the guys trying to help if you could get some actual numbers...does the shop not give you a print out of your final settings?
                I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Tower240sx View Post
                  "in the green"

would be alot easier for the guys trying to help if you could get some actual numbers...does the shop not give you a print out of your final settings?
                  Sorry I don't have the numbers and the sheet is long gone. The alignment was atleast 7 months ago.

Comment

I have records from my car when I bought it 7 years ago. Do you not have a folder of all your receipts and records?

Comment

Originally posted by eage8 View Post

Yes, they are the worst. Stupid drift lowering I only care about going around corners at stupid unrealizable angles mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
                        I have records from my car when I bought it 7 years ago. Do you not have a folder of all your receipts and records?
                        I do, but for some reason that one is lost. I also called the shop and they had to reset their machine and lost all customers data.

Comment

Personally I had problem with rack bushings (had aluminum solids... they started sliding... yes... so i put poly ones in from spl)

Then I had a problem with balljoints they were utterly dead... they helped stabilize the car, it could very well be it... on the car it seemed in place no movement, once disconnected that thing just popped out.... scary!

Outer tie rods can be an issue too...
                          "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Uneven coil over lengths have "the one leg is too short on the table effect" if the springs are strong enough. I have that at the moment...

My Blog

My Racing video's

Comment

Working...
                            X