Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES Differential Bushings, S14

ES Bushings wrong?

Don't ask me why I never noticed this upon instalation, but there is a significant amount of slack in this setup. I'll be making spacers to reduce that slack tomorrow, but why on earth did I neglect to notice this before?

Anywho, these are ES S14 bushings...which are way too long to fit under OEM conditions. I'll fab some spacers up tomorrow to fix it, but just something to address. It is withou a doubt moving as well, as evident by markings
    'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
    [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
    [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

1. Mine were black.
    2. mine didn't protrude like that. the center sleeve fit flush with that little donut cap on mine.
    3. I mounted them upside down in relation to yours- don't remember whether that's right or not.

you might just trim the bushing and sleeve down by a few mm so there's no more slop.

... hmmm.. Mine's laying on the floor in the garage right now since I'm using an S13 diff that's solid-mounted. if I remember tonight, I'll go out and measure the length of those parts and get you a number and maybe a couple photos.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

That lower ring of eurothan (sort to speak) is a sperate piece..I assumed the larger insulated end went on top to protect it from the frame as that was how OEM was too on s14's. I'll end up taking the die grinder to it I'm sure, just found it funny that I have always overlooked it until the other night.

Comment

mine might be installed that way too, don't remember now. I remember cursing that damn little ring every time I change the diff, so it just might be on the bottom.

but yeah, that's way long for some reason. I can't imagine ES changing their bushing design though.. I wonder if the ears on your diff are thinner than normal for some reason??? Cutting down the bushigns is obviously the quickest way to solve the problem tho.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

On mine, from top (subframe) to bottom (ground), the order is:
          1. OEM metal cup with rubber removed
          2. ES fat piece that goes thru the diff ear, with the mushroom end on top against the cup
          3. ES ring goes underneath the diff ear
          4. OEM thick flat washer
          5. bolt

Looks like you're missing the cup (#1). Actually you've put the cup at the bottom against the bolt head while it should go on top of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
            On mine, from top (subframe) to bottom (ground), the order is:
            1. OEM metal cup with rubber removed
            2. ES fat piece that goes thru the diff ear, with the mushroom end on top against the cup
            3. ES ring goes underneath the diff ear
            4. OEM thick flat washer
            5. bolt

Looks like you're missing the cup (#1). Actually you've put the cup at the bottom against the bolt head while it should go on top of everything.
            Hmmmm, I do see that now as well, but those parts are exactly as they came off when I got them...and I know the previous owner (older guy, 1 owner) messed with that stuff. Maybe someone forgot a washer at Nissan? I still do not think it's enough to take the slack though :/

I need to get out there tomorrow and hack it off

Comment

Working...
            X