Fuel Starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Starvation

Do any of you guys who track your car have issues with Fuel Starvation?

Just wondering, because I saw a "solution" today, and to be honest, I wasn't aware of a problem?

I haven't felt it in my S13, but I'm still on street tires and usually try to keep at least 1/4-3/8 of a tank in the car on track for that reason.

I've felt it in my E36 M3 on the street at about 1/8 of a tank or less.. and they'll do it on the track at 1/2 a tank or less on R-comps... yikes.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I typically don't have fuel starvation till around 1/8th of a tank, and it's only on one turn on our local track. Well see how that goes when I put on some R-compound tires though.
      -Monty

Comment

No problems for me at VIR or Rockingham got it down to the E mark at both tracks.

Comment

I have ran my car down to E multiple times at the track and have noticed absolutely no fuel starvation problems at all. 240's seem to be able to pretty much suck the tank dry before they start to lose fuel pressure. Besides if you are really concerned with it get a fuel cell with a trap door arrangement. Lose weight and eliminate fuel starvation problems.
          function > form
          1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

i got fuel starvation at VIR, once, out of 8 events there, just one moment and i was running very low, usually i fill the car up to full and run it all day then fill up for the next day. Its the easiest way to prevent running out of gas and always worrying about it.
            NASA HPDE Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by sr20goofus View Post
              i got fuel starvation at VIR, once, out of 8 events there, just one moment and i was running very low, usually i fill the car up to full and run it all day then fill up for the next day. Its the easiest way to prevent running out of gas and always worrying about it.
              That's what I do. I get to the track with at least 3/4 tank and run all day. By the end of the day I am about empty so I just fill up on the way home.
              function > form
              1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

Gosh, I wish I could go a track day on one tank of gas... I refill before lunch and again in the afternoon and usually have just enough to get home. The one down side of having an open track day with no sessions I guess.
                -Monty

Comment

yes,hard long right hand turns ,autocross and track days,keep more gas in tank and works out ok,only started happening after installation of r compunds,never happened w/azenis 615.

Comment

I haven't had any issues at drift events - I only bothered mentioning this just because of how much sloshing around everything does in the process. At Summit Point after a good run my rear view mirror would be sideways, haha. I did a run there with my gas light on and had no issues, I basically started freaking out though because I didn't notice it until midway through the run, mid slide, so I just kept on it and filled up at the expensive ass gas stations at the track.

Comment

why were you looking at your gauges mid slide?
                      NASA HPDE Instructor

Comment

The light came on and it caught my attention, haha.

Comment

Working...
                        X