My s14 diff cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My s14 diff cover

So I got an s14 diff cover for my swap to be... and it looks similar to the bellow it has some kind of tiny hose??? what is it???:

"hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Its a vent, the one on the left just has a vent fitting.

Comment

Hmm the s13 one doesn't have one... what kind of vent? won't stuff leak? Sorry for dumb questions but it's news to me...
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Yes the s13 one pictured does have a vent, its at the top right, in the same location the tube is connected to on the S14 cover, the S13 one has the vent fitting and the S14 one the tube is to be mounted higher than the diff, so no it wont leak.

Comment

So i should just leave the lil hose and not worry driving/racing. Just so I know ahead... don't want to be fiddling with this stuff once back on car lol...

Comment

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
            So i should just leave the lil hose and not worry driving/racing. Just so I know ahead... don't want to be fiddling with this stuff once back on car lol...
            As long as its secured properly yes you just leave it alone.

Comment

Ziptie the hose up higher. Although mine has been fine without a hose on it, just the fitting.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

My assumption is that if it gets hot it would leak if it tries to boil or something? I have an hlsd which I think does not run hot like clutch diffs?... I'm just worried, don't want the thing slowly loosing diff fluid and then without me knowing screw the diff...

I don't remember seeing one of these on my s13 vlsd cover...

Comment

Theres a vent on them, the end, I dont know what magic you plan to do to eliminate it and have things work properly.

Comment

Once I get back under the car I'll see what's on now... and how it's placed... and I'll take def's advice and try to mount it so it's straight up and high... will see..

Comment

Dude, it's already been pointed out you have the exact same thing on the S13 cover in the exact same place. It's just a vent with a loosely fitted hat on it so crap can't get in the diff.

If you're worried about boiling fluid you should have gotten a finned cover. If it boils it's going to come out of whatever you have on there into (hopefully) a catch can if you have that problem.... and smell like ass.

Comment

The S13 style cover has the vent with a hat on it, end of story.

Comment

Btw not to hijack my own thread with another topic... but I got S14 LCAs... I am wondering will the s13 swaybar fit with stock endlinks? I have one of the 19mm ones (if i recall one of the oem sizes on s13s)

And I am not sure which finned one i would be able to use as the SG motorsports braced subframe that Dave Briggs' had has a brace where the diff is. So I think those vented ones are protruded, the larger size greddy diff cover would not fit

Comment

J30 or z32 na finned cover should work...holds slightly more oil which is nice... I have one on my s14. Plenty of space for subframe bracing where the toe arms are.

The z32 cover has that dumb vent cap... I pried it off and put a hose on it like the s14 cover so I don't get oil vent crap all over my diff.

Comment

I've looked at the z32 diff covers and they protrude exactly where my brace is:

I guess that won't fly

Comment

Working...
                              X