Picking a fuel cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking a fuel cell

I am creating this as a spereate thread to my brake pedal setup thread under wheels and tires.

Since I will be tubing front and rear... for the rear I will need a fuel cell...

I believe our stock tanks are 15gallon? Correct?

Would there be a way to have an accurate gauge? The stock s13 gauge kinda blows, it goes way past the end line and still keeps going haha.... I would like it to be accurate.

What kind of fuel cells do some of yous run or would recommend.

I def don't want some **** tank that smells of gas ALL the time inside the car or something... although I would suspect something wrong in that case lol
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Something like these maybe

This one is 12 gallon:

I'm wondering how safe the aluminum ones are??

Definetely want to also avoid issues of fuel starvation under cornering...
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

When I google.... there are just so many frickin brands and choices it's confusing...

I know from my modified magazine days lol apparently ATLs are good:

Anyways I posted enough I'll await everyone's response..

Comment

I'm glad you brought this up because this is the 2nd gas tank that the splash reducer panel has come loose in. I'm ready for a fuel cell.
        Originally posted by Matt93SE
        in engrish, it's all about the length of your shaft... :P

Comment

I have a cheap $100 Summit 5 gallon fuel cell setup, and I have well over $1000 into making the whole setup work, ... dash eight, & six, stainless hard line to the engine bay, surge tank, two fuel pumps, two cheap fuel filters, fpr, fuel rail, fuel cell mounts, hardware & bullhead/firewall material (plus tons of fab time) & one million feet of braided hose and several hundred fittings... You can easily nickel & dime yourself to death.

It might be worth while to buy a decent ATL fuel cell with an internal surge tank. Cheap fuel cells require you to run quite a bit of fuel (atleast half a tank) to avoid aeration, so plan on running a surge tank out of necessity.jh

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
            I'm glad you brought this up because this is the 2nd gas tank that the splash reducer panel has come loose in. I'm ready for a fuel cell.
            Just give it a quick air out and give it a long bit of welding.

Or maybe that's a long air out and a short bit of welding???
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I'll just try both.

Comment

quick air out, then toss a lit match at it and stand back. all the fire will be gone in short time.
                Originally posted by SoSideways
                I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

I guess I'll modify my spare tire well also since I'm getting the MIG out to play.

Comment

So I guess an ATL fuel cell is what you guys would run too?

I don't want an overcomplicated setup..

Comment

From a long time before... I've always pondered about this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ABT-171110/

Good choice?

It makes no difference to me as the rear will be chopped and frame/bracing redone... I don't mind saving money but making it a complete setup/simple not overcomplicated and of course safe.

Also can these use stock walbro style fuel pumps? I have one installed in the stock tank. If not what is the simplest solution?

Comment

Aeromotive has some nice all in one setups that will save money compared to building your own, however they only come in a couple of sizes, I dont recall what sizes but there wasn't a 10 gallon like I wanted.

I'm looking at fuel cell setups aswell, probably gonna go with a summit or similar
                        I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

^Which ones were you exactly looking at, I'm curious to see.

Comment

I would check and see what your racing series allows (the series I am building for allows a 2gallon increase in capacity over stock). I think finding the best location to mount it will be the hard part. I would probably try and have a set of scales on hand to try different locations.
                            Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

Originally posted by Tower240sx View Post
                              Aeromotive has some nice all in one setups that will save money compared to building your own, however they only come in a couple of sizes, I dont recall what sizes but there wasn't a 10 gallon like I wanted.

I'm looking at fuel cell setups aswell, probably gonna go with a summit or similar
                              Becareful with the foam that comes in Summit tanks. Have heard of multiple people having it disintegrate at the track and I think on here as well.
                              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                              X