S14 subframe into s13 clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 subframe into s13 clarification

Hi. I am sure this is dealt with somewhere on this forum but I've read about 20 pgs of the main s14 subframe thread and not found an answer. Another forum makes mention of issues running an s13 diff in the s14 subframe but i cannot find similar mention here. Can someone plseas confirm whether this is n issue as i have a 1.5 way in my s13 diff so I have no interest in swapping diff's. Thank you.

It requires swapping to an S14 diff cover is all.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, i think this swap is the final aspect of phase one of my build. I cannot wait to start transforming my car from drift to grip when all the parts come in.

Comment

Originally posted by coors75 View Post
        Cool. Thanks, i think this swap is the final aspect of phase one of my build. I cannot wait to start transforming my car from drift to grip when all the parts come in.
        First step, put the front bumper back on
        Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
        TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Originally posted by eye-5 View Post
          First step, put the front bumper back on
          Ha, yeah but i am not 100% sure i like it. Thinking of trying to find something else.

Comment

its been a while since i read up on this and havent done it yet but, would an s14 pumpkin fit, or must it be an s13 with s14 cover?
            "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Doesnt matter what diff, they're interchangable, just need the appropriate diff cover.

Comment

Dont know if this is assumed/known already, but s13 LCA are different than s14 LCA.

From my understanding, s13 will not work on s14 subframe. is this correct?
                1992 LS13
                385whp/370tq

Comment

AFAIK you need
                  - Subframe
                  - RLCA's
                  - Uprights because the 13 & 14 Ball Joint and Shank Taper is different correct?
                  - And an S14/J30/Z32 Style Diff Cover
                  If using the S13 Pumpkin I'm not sure if the S14 Style bolts are short enough as they are a bit longer to accomadate the Bushings in the front as the S13's are solid in the front.

Comment

Dbl
                    Last edited by KA240SX808; 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KA240SX808 View Post
                      AFAIK you need
                      - Subframe
                      - RLCA's
                      - Uprights because the 13 & 14 Ball Joint and Shank Taper is different correct?
                      - And an S14/J30/Z32 Style Diff Cover
                      If using the S13 Pumpkin I'm not sure if the S14 Style bolts are short enough as they are a bit longer to accomadate the Bushings in the front as the S13's are solid in the front.
                      Dont believe the taper is different, possibly the base where the joint presses into the arm maybe, if the taper was different i'd think this would come up with the Z32 uprights being swapped onto both.

Comment

The rear taper is the same, the front BJ taper is different.

The other thing you'll notice is the exhaust mounting points are very different between subframes. I just welded my S13 part onto my S14 subframe once it was mounted up in the car. Just needs a few tacks put on it really as it's not under huge load.
                        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

What do people recommend for shim placement with the SPL subframe conversion bushings?
                          TEAM FAIL RACING

Comment

Depends on what you're after, theres plenty of information on the subject, I installed mine with none, other than the thin rubber insulators, havent driven it yet though.

Comment

Are the rubber insulators even necessary?
                              1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                              1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                              2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Working...
                              X