Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S14 Rear end overhaul....with questionable noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 Rear end overhaul....with questionable noise.

my buddy's s14 is making an interesting noise while the rear wheels are moving (driving or not). Now he just installed solid subframe spacers, diff bushings, SPL rear knuckle bearings, and a welded diff. The noise sounds similar to a bad wheel bearing, but its sounds either centralized, or its on each side of the rear of the car. We're not sure if that's just all the chassis noise or if its something being installed incorrectly. Here is a video, listen when he goes into neutral

my buddy's s14 is making an interesting noise while the rear wheels are moving (driving or not). Now he just installed solid subframe spacers, diff bushings, SPL rear knuckle bearings, and a welded diff. The noise sounds similar to a bad wheel bearing, but its sounds either centralized, or its on each side of the rear of the car. We're not sure if that's just all the chassis noise or if its something being installed incorrectly. Here is a video, listen when he goes into neutral

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t=079c9011.mp4

1. I dont' hear anything.
    2. put a load on the car.. the rear end makes tons of noise when up in the air due to driveline slop.
    3. metal bushings everywhere will cause tons of "new" driveline noise to be transmitted to the chassis.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
      1. I dont' hear anything.
      Its the noise that sounds almost like when a dyno pull is over and the car is slowing down. its the wine after he goes to neutral

2. put a load on the car.. the rear end makes tons of noise when up in the air due to driveline slop.
      "my buddy's s14 is making an interesting noise while the rear wheels are moving (driving or not)."

3. metal bushings everywhere will cause tons of "new" driveline noise to be transmitted to the chassis.
      yes we know. i guess we just want to know if this is what most other vehicles sound like after install.

Comment

Working...
      X