FRP/carbon vented hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRP/carbon vented hoods

So I remember Def getting an ebay special once for like 300 bux or something.... I can't seem to be as lucky.

I would preferably want something that has good fitment and good air flow, but still be affordable
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35...via_Nismo.html

I was wondering, since most of this crap is from china anyway, alibaba is an import/export site... we could consider importing something like this in a group buy too?
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Basically wish to avoid the fugly of such hood fitment as this:

And I so happen to have a bn blister body parts... it would be totally lame to have that gaping hole like the above...

Comment

That is 100% user installation. That moron did everything wrong. the bumper doesn't fit the fenders, the lazy eyes are at different angles, the hood itself is just flat out mounted like ****, and the effing bumper isn't even level with the ground. that could be due to camber/caster and the dorifto offset on those wheels causing jacking while the wheels are turned, but you get the point.
        there is alllll kinds of wrong with how that car is put together.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

lol just noticed the bumper not being level too... ya you're totally right.. damn...

Comment

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
            So I remember Def getting an ebay special once for like 300 bux or something.... I can't seem to be as lucky.

I would preferably want something that has good fitment and good air flow, but still be affordable
            http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35...via_Nismo.html

I was wondering, since most of this crap is from china anyway, alibaba is an import/export site... we could consider importing something like this in a group buy too?
            Basically wish to avoid the fugly of such hood fitment as this:

And I so happen to have a bn blister body parts... it would be totally lame to have that gaping hole like the above...
            So do you have a blog or something where you could post this stream of conscoiusness writing you have? Is there even a question there? (sorry, I spend too much time on Zilvia)

Seriously though, if you priorities are fit and airflow (not weight) just put a vent in a stock hood. Fit is obviously top notch and you can put the vent exactly where it works best.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
              That is 100% user installation. That moron did everything wrong. the bumper doesn't fit the fenders, the lazy eyes are at different angles, the hood itself is just flat out mounted like ****, and the effing bumper isn't even level with the ground. that could be due to camber/caster and the dorifto offset on those wheels causing jacking while the wheels are turned, but you get the point.
              there is alllll kinds of wrong with how that car is put together.
              How dare you rip on the playboy like that

Comment

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
                So do you have a blog or something where you could post this stream of conscoiusness writing you have? Is there even a question there? (sorry, I spend too much time on Zilvia)

Seriously though, if you priorities are fit and airflow (not weight) just put a vent in a stock hood. Fit is obviously top notch and you can put the vent exactly where it works best.
                Someone's having a ****ty day :P You need a bro hug. Zilvia creates angry people, I stay away

Comment

I look at Hybrid Z some, since I own a 240Z and do believe in modifying. A nub came on and asked about an SR swap. They told him to go to Zilvia to learn all there is to know and that it is the best site ever.

Comment

I would be so down for a group buy. Lol.

Sent from my Motorola STARtac using Tapatalk

NOTFWD / Richie's Randoms / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by logr View Post
                      I look at Hybrid Z some, since I own a 240Z and do believe in modifying. A nub came on and asked about an SR swap. They told him to go to Zilvia to learn all there is to know and that it is the best site ever.
                      lol "best site ever"

I am waiting for def to chime in on his hood

Comment

I'm sure there's a lot out there for S13 popup front. I've looked for vented FRP S14 zenki hoods and every time I see something cool, its made for S13 or S14 kouki. Argh!
                        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

The one that I found last year was similar to Def's... found on ebay for about $400 shipped at the time. weighed in at 19lbs. I think most of them out there that look like this one are them same on ebay, fitment was good... and the vent was in the right spot, so I was happy.

-Monty

Comment

^WOW 400 shipped.. but id be shipping it to canada though... looks VERY good... do u have the seller info still on ur ebay account?

I couldn't really find anything close a few days ago...

Also I wonder frp vs carbon (overlay?) would the carbon be lighter?

I know I got some frp headlight housings and then basicall ysame thing in 'carbon fiber' and although it may not be 100% dry carbon fiber... it was still lighter than the frp equivalent i got... i reckon this may be true for hoods too but if it's not... lol i rather vinyl wrap it in carbon fiber than get 'carbon fibre' that's heavier than frp :-/

Comment

The only one i could even close find are these which from what i've heard discussed here sucks with all those openings in the rear:

http://zilvia.net/f/interior-exterio...round-2-a.html

Comment

Working...
                              X