Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectioning a front bumper?

Hi,

I have an aftermarket front bumper I'd like to install - along with a NASCAR front splitter.

(crappy pic of bumper)

Just remembering how the pignose lip used to hit and scrape everything makes me not want to even think of putting this thing on.

However, if I could somehow section this bumper and cut of the lower 4-6" of it, along with making it easily re-attachable (dzus?) then I could still street drive.

An once at the track, I could bolt on the lower section complete with splitter attached.

Has anyone done this or seen it done?
    Last edited by Black R; 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM.
    1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
    1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
    2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

What bumper are we talking about here? It might be easier to find a good cut line and just attach the lower section to the splitter and when on track, just cover the seam with tape to keep the air flow going the right way.

Comment

Cut it in two, attach metal bracketry to the lower half and make mounting points to bolt it to the car rather than trying to make it attach to the other half of the bumper.

Comment

That is a crappy pic, but I don't see a good place to split that bumper without it looking like **** on the road. And just my opinion here, but that thing is ugly to start with.

Comment

You're right it is really ugly.

But if you saw my pignose bumper you'd puke.

At least this one is mostly in one piece and not nearly so destroyed.
          1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
          1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
          2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

I thought you were replacing the silvia front behind it.

Something like this would be easier to cut because it has a crease that would make a good cut line. Actually, if you cut it an inch below the crease it might look better and give a solid surface for tape.

Just thinking out loud here, the actually building part doesn't sound too hard.

Comment

Working...
            X