Ichiba spacer/extended studs fittment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ichiba spacer/extended studs fittment issues

Yesterday I attempted to install my ichiba v.1 spacers/lugs (10mm spacer) on my 1989 240sx. The lugs knurl seems to be too large for the hub. I had a really hard time trying to get them to seat at all using air gun and the washer/bolt trick. Is the Nismo extended lugs or any other out there installation and fitment any better or OEM like...?

I replaced studs before without any issues, I tried searching for anybody having issues with these lugs and no results, maybe I got the wrong size (S14) studs with the ichiba set.??

thanks

Measure the knurl to be sure, if you still have one that's untouched.

S14 FRONT: 14.3mm

S14 REAR, S13 FRONT/REAR: 13mm

- Brian
    '96 240SX | KA-T - 320rwhp @ 12psi | ~2700lbs
    Koni 8611 & GC's - 600/450 | RPF1's - 17x9.5

Comment

Save yourself the trouble and DON'T use the Ichiba studs. Even if you do get them in, the knurl section of the studs are to long and hit the rotor, basically when you are torquing the wheels down, the rotors are pushing the studs back out.

Go with ARP studs!
      -Monty

Comment

Yup.. go with ARP studs.. they're only a bit more expensive than the Ichiba, but WAAAY stronger and safer.

Also do yourself a favor and pull your rotors off all 4 wheels and check the knurl diameter. I had all kinds of mess with my car since it's got Z32 hubs in the back and they are different than the stock S14 hubs. blah blah blah.
        pull the rotors off and check to see what ALL of them are before ordering.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Ichiba Studs suck, the end.
          Had a pair my self and installed 2 other sets and will never touch another set.

Comment

Regarding the knurl being too long I had the same problem with my ARP studs on OEM hubs. It's not much though. Could taper the rotor holes or try using a dremel on the studs or something.

Comment

I check the knurl size, they are 14.3 mm. The spacer kit part # is the right one for the S13, but for some reason came with the wrong size lugs (S14). I will look into the ARP's but much rather get something that I can install without any mods, will the NIsmo,etc require cutting, tapering,etc...??
              Ive working on this brake conversion for a few weeks and it has been very problematic. I'm old and tired.....

Comment

ARP studs went right in for me.
                Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

ARP studs require no mods. just get the right ones and be done with it.
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

I'm getting ARP studs. There's a thread on here with part numbers etc, just search for "arp studs summit" and you'll probably find it.
                    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                      ARP studs require no mods. just get the right ones and be done with it.
                      Like I said my ARPs (GM rear EVO front on S14) required some modification to get the rotor flat.... might want to check just in case.

Comment

I used either Subaru or Evo or Mazda ones and mine all fit fine. look at the right knurl diameter and length and order appropriately.
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

^^^ same here, no problems with the different rotors (Z33 brembo and Defsport) that I ran.
                          -Monty

Comment

I'm running ARP on all 3 cars.

Comment

Working...
                            X