Those of you using the S15 HLSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you using the S15 HLSD

Did you reuse the diff bearings that came with the diff?

I know I should buy new ones but just curious

I used the ones that came on my S15 diff, but I'd say you're fine, and it's probably preferable if you're going to reuse the old races.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

same. used the ones that came with the diff. well i gave all that to the shop that built it, so i'm pretty sure he used them.

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

I reused mine as well. I've never replaced a diff bearing and never had any issues either.
        She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

I want to get an HLSD not sure what I even need.. anyone wana shed some light on it.

Herical LSD that is :P

Prices went up on these items (lame when everyone starts getting something 'jdm' prices go up wth )
          "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

There are some good threads out there about what's needed and how to install. Pretty simple, really.

How much do they go for now? Seems like they've had the JDM tax for a long time, a few years at least.
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
              There are some good threads out there about what's needed and how to install. Pretty simple, really.

How much do they go for now? Seems like they've had the JDM tax for a long time, a few years at least.
              $400 +$75-$100 shipping is what I have found.

That puts it just slightly higher than the OBX diff.

Comment

I got S15 diff for $450 shipped or so. Plus I sprung for the solid gold Nismo bolts. The S15 diffs were $800 or so back in 2004 when I first started reading about non-clutch-type diffs. If you've got more than that burning a hole in your pocket (Dave Coleman) a Quaife Helical will set you back $1100+.
                She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

I sniped mine on ebay for $208 + ship -- granted shipping was $140, but still a deal.

And I reused the bearings as well.

Alex

Comment

what im confused about is what on needs to get.. theres some talks of extra bolts, axles, or something... im confused about that. 29 vs 30 splines or some other shiznit...
                    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Originally posted by Epstein View Post
                      I got S15 diff for $450 shipped or so. Plus I sprung for the solid gold Nismo bolts. The S15 diffs were $800 or so back in 2004 when I first started reading about non-clutch-type diffs. If you've got more than that burning a hole in your pocket (Dave Coleman) a Quaife Helical will set you back $1100+.
                      Yep, I got a badass deal for mine back in '04 for like $500 shipped with output shafts from Japan. They're actually cheaper now than back then, so I definitely recommend it.

Screw OBX, get an OEM part for just a little bit more.
                      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I think the prices dropped (from $600ish to $400ish) right about the same time that OBX released their model. At least they are good for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                          Screw OBX, get an OEM part for just a little bit more.
                          Yeah, I thought about the OBX for about 3 seconds. I think this is a case where OEM FTMFW!!!

Comment

I want to get one... what do I need for my s13... I am clueless.. All the talk of output shafts/rings/etc.. confused me what is actually needed and what should one get to get it installed into an s13...

I also know that SPL recently released special bushings that allow the complete installation of the 300zx/j30/s15 pumpkins no issue... but i still dont have practical answers what to buy lol...

Comment

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/245575

That should answer most questions

Comment

Working...
                              X