Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 rear knuckles; NA vs TT?

I've read it before but can't find it now.....,
    What are the differences between the Z32 NA vs. TT rear knuckles?
    Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

TT are definitely HICAS uprights, so the toe bushing/balljoint bore is larger in diameter than the camber and traction rod bushing bores. The NA has the same bushing bore on all 3.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

where do the aluminum knuckles come from, I was under impression they were stock Nissan parts, or do they come from the nismo catalog

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSeaDynamo View Post
        where do the aluminum knuckles come from, I was under impression they were stock Nissan parts, or do they come from the nismo catalog
        They are stock on the Z32.

Comment

and several infinitis
          I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Now for the golden question.. do any of the aluminum ones have a stud at the shock base (like the stock S14 upright) instead of the eye?
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
              Now for the golden question.. do any of the aluminum ones have a stud at the shock base (like the stock S14 upright) instead of the eye?
              to my knowledge, the answer is 'no'
              1995 Fouki S14 - re-energized ka-t project!
              1999 F150 - gas guzzler parts getter
              1989 Toyota Pickup - mandatory Pomona abandoned-in-driveway vehicle
              2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive hatch - "The only 40mpg econobox worth driving"

Comment

Originally posted by ManoNegra View Post
                to my knowledge, the answer is 'no'
                Ditto on this. I think if there were drop-in OEM options with the stud companies like Megan and PSM wouldn't make optional "z32 style" rear bottom strut mounts for their s-chassis coilover sets.
                S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

Just because people make "alternatives" doesn't mean there's not something else out there...

There were companies out there making "adapter sleeves" to mount S13 front knuckles on an S14. The only difference is the bolt hole diameter. Those retards were refusing to simply drill out their S13 struts to 14mm, and instead paid $75 or so for some little metal reducer bushings so they could use 12mm bolts in their S14 knuckles with 14mm holes.

uhhhh wtf mate. there's a REALLY easy solution here, and you guys are doing it the hard way.

anyway, thanks. I was pretty sure there was no such thing as an aluminum upright with a stud mount on it, but it was worth a shot to check.
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

So TT's are all HICAS, but are all NA's non-HICAS? I got a set of DefSport sphericals waiting to go in but I think I might have NA HICAS uprights.

Comment

HiCAS = balljoints instead of bushings for toe arm pivots. Very easy to tell the difference
                      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                        R32 GTR's IIRC do.
                        R33's are identical to our Iron ones.
                        R34's are identical to Z's but the mount for the shock is ~10mm wider.
                        - Also all the Skyline Kuncles have the HICAS Balljoints

Q45's are the same as N/A Z's.
                        Last edited by KA240SX808; 08-11-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Who all is running the Z32 knuckles? Also what coilovers are you running?

I've been on z32 rear uprights since 2005; I am currently running stance coilovers with their revised z32 perches. I personally think the contact of the perch and upright are pretty close and have been wondering aobut switching back to s14 rear uprights.

Comment

If you are running them on a S14 you are undoubtedly creating bind.
                            Check out user: Def
                            and his DefSport/Skullworks (as they call them honey magic bushings, don't ask me Mike told that to me) bushings to prevent bind and to allow your suspension to work happily ever after. Dont' forget the rest of the sphericals too. YOur car will love you afterwords

'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                            [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                            [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm probably going to have two sets of rear uprights with Def's bearings in them for sale in the next few months.. I'll post up when I'm ready to sell. gotta do some other stuff first.

If someone has a set of lower S14 mounts for KTS coilovers, that would make me switch faster. I have two sets of Z32 lower mounts so I can swap with someone if they need them.
                              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
                              X