Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulse plugs vs spark plugs

http://www.pulstarplug.com/

I never really discussed this with anyone nor do I have them.. but I just remembered it and I thought I'd like to see what others think. Of course I dont see the need to run something like this on a stock KA but hey...

Thoughts?

20 bux each and still unexplored territory for most
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

I was at a local dyno shop working on a new tune and saw a set laying around. Shop manager said that they turned a 125whp Honda into an 88whp Honda. hahaha

On a stock KA, just run the OEM v-power plugs and that's the best you're going to get. If you need more spark, get an ignition amp to bump up the coil voltage.
    She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

LOL! That's funny True say
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Theory says they won't work. What's the point of multiple ignition events when all the air/fuel around the plug has already been combusted after the first spark?
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
          Theory says they won't work. What's the point of multiple ignition events when all the air/fuel around the plug has already been combusted after the first spark?

I didn't see any claims of multiple ignition events, just more intense spark. How they get the claimed 10x more intense spark with the same energy source? I don't know if I can buy that one.

Comment

Originally posted by knate View Post
            I didn't see any claims of multiple ignition events, just more intense spark. How they get the claimed 10x more intense spark with the same energy source? I don't know if I can buy that one.
            I didn't look too closely, but the term "pulsed" in electronics usually means multiple very short events. I'm not sure how in the world they claim to be able to do anything special - it seems all "smokes and mirrors" to me instead of giving hard facts.

Comment

Multiple magazines have done dyno tests on these plugs and in every single test they gained power and response. On a 350z they gained 10hp, on an evo they gained like 4.5hp, on a honda they gained like 3hp. The numbers speak for themselves, these plugs WORK!
              function > form
              1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

^Was that sarcasm lol

Comment

No I'm serious! I have seen at least three magazines publish dyno tests on these plugs and on every single car they tested them on there was an improvement. Now are the numbers set in stone? Absolutely not, but the do make an improvement.
                  function > form
                  1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

$25 each before shipping!!!! Holy crap! I can make more power with $100 to spend on my SR than getting maybe a few HP from a plug change.

Comment

Working...
                    X