• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodyAce
    replied
    Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
    Wait, you said the Nismo's are solid?
    Solid in the sense that they were still pretty durable/tough to fight out of there.

Leave a comment:

• hai1206vn
    replied
    Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
    I was actually pissed off at how solid the nismo mounts were
    Wait, you said the Nismo's are solid?

Leave a comment:

• CodyAce
    replied
    Don't worry my ****ty pics. Poor lighting (didn't turn them all on) and I cranked ISO to compensate.

Nismo Mounts:

JGS Mounts:

Leave a comment:

• Mark Washington
    replied
    Right on glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• CodyAce
    replied
    Originally posted by Def View Post
    The rubber part is a readily available/cheap replacement. I forget what the application is for, but you can buy them at NAPA.

I bought them after I learned that, as that's the type of mount I'd make if I were going to make them.
    Did not know that!

Install was honestly super easy. I was actually pissed off at how solid the nismo mounts were

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
    Installed the JGS rubber mounts today

Pretty easy process --why they are a two piece setup I dunno, but it is what it is. Engine lowered by an easy 3/4 of an inch from the Nismo ones, providing MORE than enough room to make it all work!
    The rubber part is a readily available/cheap replacement. I forget what the application is for, but you can buy them at NAPA.

I bought them after I learned that, as that's the type of mount I'd make if I were going to make them.

Leave a comment:

• CodyAce
    replied
    Installed the JGS rubber mounts today

Pretty easy process --why they are a two piece setup I dunno, but it is what it is. Engine lowered by an easy 3/4 of an inch from the Nismo ones, providing MORE than enough room to make it all work!

Leave a comment:

• Sleepy_Steve
    replied
    Thats a fine welding jig right there.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Washington
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mark Washington
    replied
    I would recomend lowering your engine and installing a skidplate for the oil pan. Xcessive makes both and both are simple to make. I had nismo motor mounts and they ended up raising my engine to the point that my strut tower bar was rubbing on the KA24E's valve cover. Since I spent so much on the motor mounts and tranny as well I wasn't excited to buy new ones. (I had poly touge factory ones before but the oil pan hit a rumble strip and broke the stud to the driver side motor mount) I lowered my engine an inch and I felt a big turn in gain on turn 2 Thinderhill. Also less rubbing on my fender from the outside of the Origin 30mm wide fender. I was woried about pinion angle but I have done nothing to the trans mount yet. I did put spacers on top of the trans crossmember and longer M12 bolts. If you do this and dont do a skidplate it will!! not be good and the pan will hit. Here is what I did but as I said^^ you can get them from xcessive/Rich

Leave a comment:

• djsilver
    replied
    Nismo mounts raise the engine up according to popular internet lore. The JGS aren't advertised to lower the engine, but I got a slight slight drop with mine. I bet they give you enough space so you can do some minor clearancing and be good.
    When I switched to Nismo mounts the engine did sit higher but I suspect it's not a difference in designed dimensions but a comparison between a new set and a dead set of OEM mounts.

Leave a comment:

• CodyAce
    replied
    Nismo mounts raise the engine up according to popular internet lore.
    Internet lore hahah! Fantastic way to put it. I guess even I've become a believer of fairytales now!

Looks like the JGS mounts are coming, if anything it's gotta bring the engine down that little bit I need.

...plus I can sell the Nismo mounts to offset the cost

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    Nismo mounts raise the engine up according to popular internet lore. The JGS aren't advertised to lower the engine, but I got a slight slight drop with mine. I bet they give you enough space so you can do some minor clearancing and be good.

Leave a comment:

• CodyAce
    replied
    I would be more concerned with bending failure of the strut tower itself. Why not cut up some 3/16" aluminum plate and use that to space it?
    That was another option I was thinkin off, figured that would work perfectly as well.

Alternatively you could get some mounts that are lower than Nismos and enjoy a lower cg and no strut bar problems. JGS rubber mounts are awesome. I can't find any faults with them and they seemed to drop the engine a few mm over completely dead stickers.
    Ahhhh, I never realized the JGS ones actually lowered the engine more. I was always under the impression that the nismo ones were the lowest! Hmmm, looks like I'll be ordering these tonight, as I really only need about 1/4 to 5/16 of an inch to make me feal comfortable with clearence.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    I would be more concerned with bending failure of the strut tower itself. Why not cut up some 3/16" aluminum plate and use that to space it?

Alternatively you could get some mounts that are lower than Nismos and enjoy a lower cg and no strut bar problems. JGS rubber mounts are awesome. I can't find any faults with them and they seemed to drop the engine a few mm over completely dead stickers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X