Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

300zx 30mm rotors resurfaced down to 26mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300zx 30mm rotors resurfaced down to 26mm?

It's really hard to find 26mm rotors for the early 89-90 whatever z32 300zx aluminum calipers.... 30mm ones are cheap everywhere. The pads are the same but rotors.... this sucks :-/

Anyone got ideas?
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Sounds like a bad idea. What's the wear limit on the 30mm rotors?

Actually, just suck it up and buy 30mm calipers. It's going to cost you like $100 and you can use the right rotors.
    www.tipengr.com

Comment

where can i get some 100$ 30mm calipers lol... i reckon blank rotors are something like 50 bux right... and well ill need new pads... cant reuse the hp+ ones right.. cant be proprely bedded in then...
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Look around, $100 is definitely possible for 30mm calipers. Just learn how to search for sale sections on the millions of different nissan forums. Or spend a little more, deal with it, don't cut corners.

And the wear limit on 30mm rotors is 28mm, so it wouldn't work or be safe to do. You're going to have to figure something out. The obvious choice is spending the money to get 30mm calipers instead of half assing it on something like brakes.
        www.tipengr.com

Comment

I heard that napa or something sells them refurbished... 'new' they say... good/bad?

Comment

I have some Rock Auto refurbs, they've been fine. I just need to paint them as the aluminum has some surface corrosion. I think they were $200? Sell the 26mm ones and get 30s, no use in trying to source expensive rotors all the time.
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

You could probably take them to an auto parts store and just exchange them for 30mm. Tell them you need new calipers for whatever year 300ZX has the 30mm aluminum calipers and give them the 26mm... they are so similar, the store won't know the difference, anyway.

My buddy was able to exchange his stock S13 brakes for Z32 brakes without any problems, so you should be able to at least get by with Z32s for Z32s.

Comment

I went through car-parts.com and got my calipers for $50 a piece.

I'm going to go with Tim here, don't resurface the 30mm rotors down to 26mm... your going to be past the min-wear (28mm).
                -Monty

Comment

anyone heard of refurbished/rebuilt calipers being sold on like napa and stuff for like 135 each or something... i heard (hearsay) that they are rebuilt with crappy seals and crappy pistons or something but i wouldn't know.. just a thought as they sell them as 'brand new'....

Comment

Typically when your purchase from NAPA or any other place that sells calipers, your getting refurbished one's. If they ask for your old one's back as a core, then you know that your most likely getting reburbished one's. The cores is what they have rebuilt with new seals, cleaned and sold again later down the road.

A set of seals for the Z32 is cheap, I wouldn't worry to much about a set of refurbished calipers.
                    -Monty

Comment

Working...
                    X