Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AceInHole
    replied
    Stock 4.08 rear end. Getting around 70mph tops, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• spent
    replied
    What final gear are you running? What kind of speed are you getting out of 2nd gear?

Leave a comment:

• Jason M
    replied
    I'am going to try & convince my co-driver to go the nats this year for his honey moon, since he is getting married the weekend before...

Leave a comment:

• jdrop
    replied
    Originally posted by AceInHole View Post
    We've joked around at having a Lincoln wedding, though :P
    I wasn't joking. I would be more than happy to get married at Lincoln, and then I would take a victory lap and beat you.
    Last edited by jdrop; 05-26-2011, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AceInHole
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason M View Post
    Was that tire shake on the launch? Very nice write up.
    I only got wheel hop a few times, which might be due to the camber heim starting to get pounded out. For the most part, the camera shake is just from the wobbly mount. I'm hoping to fix that before this weekend, though.

Hopefully by the time I make it to the Nat's you'll still be racing a SM 240. It would be fun to compete against you.
    I can't imagine racing anything but SM, but it's all going to depend on if Jenna and I can find a house in our price range before next year (and the wedding). We've joked around at having a Lincoln wedding, though :P

Leave a comment:

• spent
    replied
    Man, love seeing action photos of your car !!

Leave a comment:

• Jason M
    replied
    Was that tire shake on the launch? Very nice write up.

Hopefully by the time I make it to the Nat's you'll still be racing a SM 240. It would be fun to compete against you.

Leave a comment:

• djsilver
    replied
    You definately have more engine than tires/diff. That may not be a bad thing though. I drove a friend's 500+ HP WRX and I spent more time on the brakes than on the throttle!

Leave a comment:

• sil8y
    replied
    Lot of fun readng this one! Never fear, if you dont get the title this year, you've found your calling writing articles for the forum. ...holding breath for next round.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    Nice writeup.

Needs more DefSport parts.

Leave a comment:

• logr
    replied
    Nice write up. It means so much more to hear how things went than just reading the results.
    Thanks, and good luck in Dover.

Leave a comment:

• jbennett58
    replied
    Great job PJ,there is something to be said about leaving well enough alone,unfortunately I did not take that route this past winter and feel like I am starting all over with a new car.But you know the XP ladder is a steep one and we were about maxed out with the old configuration.Looking forward to seeing you and David in Lincoln again this August.Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• AceInHole
    replied
    The ST car performed well, but not quite good enough. They screwed up the heats and put ST and STX together, which put all 4 drivers in one heat. I think that screwed with Todd and Brian in ST, and definitely didn't help Jenna and Wiley in STX.

I'll let Jenna post the main recap from the ST point of view, but for the most part the times were there. Todd coned away runs on either side that would've moved him up 44 spots in PAX. Despite not being quite enough to catch Jeff Mabrey (who has a few ST class trophies at Nats), it still shows the car is right there. Also remembering that Mabrey's car has some 8 years of development (so I heard) against the maybe 8 events on our ST 240sx sets a precedent that we should be slower. I'm making some big changes to the ST car this week, testing this weekend, and it'll be under the gun again in Dover the following week.

Edit: Videos now in first post!
    Last edited by AceInHole; 05-24-2011, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eye-5
    replied
    Nice recap! I saw some of the photos were from Steguis photography, I remember him from the boards in my RSX days. He had a beautiful blue Type S. How did the ST car do?

Leave a comment:

• Bubba
    replied
    Good recap. I feel for you on the close finish.

Reading this just makes me pray that I have my DD ready for the Auto-x on June 25th in my area. I'm not a member of the SCCA yet but I'll be out there to turn the heat up on the regulars anyways. Wish I had wheels I could designate as track wheels and run some Star Specs or NT-05's. Tires will be my weakness this go around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X