How to: Stealth-Custom-Fab S14 fender brace install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Stealth-Custom-Fab S14 fender brace install

A friend of mine did this write up and I would like to share.

Finally got around installing the fender brace I got form Jonnie F. of Stealth Custom Fab on my purple S14. I always tend to have parts laying around for ever before I decide to install them.

All his parts are laser cut and hand welded. every parts that I've have bought them Jonnie has always had perfect fitment.

Now, go ahead and take your front end a part as seen in pictures below.

Undo the top bolt of the top bracket and bottom two bolts. put the fender brace on and bolt them down.

Included is the circular cutting tool with every fender brace[yes, he gives you a brand new tool, even red thread lock!] go ahead and make a hole and drill out two additional holes to bolt the brace down.

using your hand or a pair of pliers, hold the nut brackets in place and bolt down the included hardware. remember to put thread lock on them before hand.

You probably noticed it by now, I generously spray painted the area that I just cut up so it doesn't rust up on me. i went ahead and taped up the hole that was made so water/debree doesn't get into the fender rail.

you still have room to tuck your harness after you have installed the fender brace. I actually used the cross beam to zip tie up the wire harness out of the way.

Hope this helps anyone that had any questions about the product.

and I highly recommend this to anyone looking for chassis upgrades along with his power brace.

Hey Jonnie do you make 14 RSTB's?

Comment

I asked the same question to him about a month ago. Here is what he said:

The issue I have with the RSTB with the S14 is I like solid bars. They have no joints to flex since that is what we are trying to combat. The S14 has a big package tray that really limits a solid design. The S14’s rear package tray acts like a brace in itself. I am not saying that a RSTB in an S14 won’t do anything, but I believe the gain will be minimal.

I have looked into it since I have so many requests for a S14 RSTB, but I have not found a design I like.

Comment

looks like you have a worn inner/outer tie rod.
        or bad alignment.

ir you bought tires used.
        Originally posted by Jason M
        I have no chance to win without the Giken...

Comment

Looks like normal camber wear when the tire is driven almost all (or all) its life on the street.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
            Looks like normal camber wear when the tire is driven almost all (or all) its life on the street.
            With no rotation...lol
            Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

wear looks perty uneven to me. in my experiance, loose front end parts will kill the inner 1" of tire without affecting the rest of the tread. i lost a set of v710's that way :'(
              Originally posted by Jason M
              I have no chance to win without the Giken...

Comment

Thats all toe wear. Either a bad tie rod or something loosening up in the suspension.

Camber wear is much more even. Ususally just the inside half or so.

~Alex

Comment

Yea, probably has a bit of toe in or something. I've seen camber wear really pronounced like that with upwards of -3 deg on the street with no tracking. Tons of pressure on that inner 1/4 of the tire.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                  X