Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic request of racing type pedal box's in a s14.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request of racing type pedal box's in a s14.

Hi,

Im fitting a racing type pedal box to a s14 shell Im building into a track car but Im finding it difficult to get enough leg room. Ive gone for a one with the MC's at the rear of the pedals because my feet get caught up around the steering columb with MC's at the front. Im 6' tall and even with my seat mounted right back so that the back is against the rear seat step Im still finding that Im struggling for leg room.

So Im after some pics of pedal boxes in a s14 shell to see how different setups fit.

Im really thinking of moddifying the front bulk head and chassis rail by cutting a section out and boxing it in with some rienforcement to the chassis rail to accomodate the BMC's.

Any pics ect would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Rich.

I've been considering the same setup, but fortunately don't have the legroom issue.
    One thing to keep in mind with what you're talking about is that the exhaust on my KA is not far on the other side of the firewall. If you start cutting back at the firewall to move it back, you're going to have concerns there with melting your feet.

also if you expect to compete in sanctioned racing in the future (SCCA, NASA, etc), then modifications to the firewall like that are a touchy subject and will likely throw you into a GT class or some other uber-fast group where you have no hope of competing.

Are you looking at a swinging or pivoting setup on the pedals?

Another issue is what seat are you using? How thick is it? My Kirkey Intermediate is only about 3/4" thick from the back of the seat to my butt. If you have a tube & cloth type seat, they are sometimes 3-4" thick there, which eats several inches of legroom.

sorry I don't have any definite answers for you, but I'm hoping my questions may help steer you to a 'lightbulb moment' and help make things work.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Sorry should of said my car is a UK right hand drive with an sr20det. The only thing on the rail and bulk head in that area is the clutch, brake and fuel lines which are going to be rerouted anyway. Also I wont be competing at all, the car will be used for public track and drift days and a little road use.

You do have a point about the seat though it is around 2.5" thick at the base. I need to gain around 5" in extra length in the foot well but a little bit here and there will help.

Comment

Tilton 75 series masters fit inside the rail. Nigel's setup has 3 notches in the firewall. Two on either side of the frame rail and one in it with a tilton 600 series pedal box iirc. There's some pics in his thread on nissansilvia.com and on engineeredtoslide.com.
        My Blog | Unfriendly Garage | Endurance Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by PerilousActs View Post
          Tilton 75 series masters fit inside the rail. Nigel's setup has 3 notches in the firewall. Two on either side of the frame rail and one in it with a tilton 600 series pedal box iirc. There's some pics in his thread on nissansilvia.com and on engineeredtoslide.com.
          Nice one, Thats perfect.

Just had a look and that is what Im thinking of doing. I was going to have one big cut out but his setup looks spot on and I wont have to cut the rail.

Comment

Working...
          X