Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Lug conversion on ABS s13

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5 Lug conversion on ABS s13

    Would the abs wheel on the back of the spindle fit into a conversion hub such as ichiba?


    Will doing this for the first time on an abs car.....
    Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

  • #2
    I'm not sure... I'll check at my friends house today, and see what parts he has laying around.
    I could take the plunge, and yank the front off my car and check for you in the next few weeks if you don't find out. I have S13 5-lug Ichiba's. If I find an ABS ring, I'll let you know.

    Comment


    • #3
      It fits on Attains and some elcheapocrapo ones so I would bet on YES.

      Comment


      • #4
        J30 hubs, press out bearings, have retaining ring groove cut in new position to match S13 hub, press in new S13 bearing.

        Comment


        • #5
          No front hub ABS rings found my friend. But I found a few from some differentials. I will let you know if I find something out that will be easy for you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eazye2000 View Post
            No front hub ABS rings found my friend. But I found a few from some differentials. I will let you know if I find something out that will be easy for you.
            Could you count how many teeth are on the differential rings (you talking the ones inside the diff snout on a 3 ch setup, or the rings on the output shafts for a 4 ch setup)?

            Pics would be nice.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


            DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

            Comment


            • #7
              Def you almost sound like your setting up some sort of traction control....
              Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

              Comment


              • #8
                I working on getting a new turbo and getting a dp fabbed so I'm not sure when i will be able to actually look at the abs hubs. I do have so ichiba's so...

                I'm hopping i can keep abs as it will also provided wheel speed for the traction control system I'm going to setup when i go stand alone ECU.
                Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by konjiki7 View Post
                  Def you almost sound like your setting up some sort of traction control....
                  Nah, I'd really like ABS though. Traction control I can easily manage to do a better job than on track, it's hard to really threshold brake over and over and never get lockup.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                  DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by konjiki7 View Post
                    I working on getting a new turbo and getting a dp fabbed so I'm not sure when i will be able to actually look at the abs hubs. I do have so ichiba's so...

                    I'm hopping i can keep abs as it will also provided wheel speed for the traction control system I'm going to setup when i go stand alone ECU.
                    Not sure how you will do that unless you are powering your front wheels. The rear abs ring is in the diff, not individual rear wheels.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by logr View Post
                      Not sure how you will do that unless you are powering your front wheels. The rear abs ring is in the diff, not individual rear wheels.


                      You need something for comparison, just sensors on the rear arent going to do much, for all your computer knows at that point is that you're in a hurry, rear wheel speed exceeding front wheel speed by a certain margin is when it'll know you've got wheelspin, you need sensors at both ends.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Z28ricer View Post
                        You need something for comparison, just sensors on the rear arent going to do much, for all your computer knows at that point is that you're in a hurry, rear wheel speed exceeding front wheel speed by a certain margin is when it'll know you've got wheelspin, you need sensors at both ends.
                        Bingo! I will eventually be doing this and three channels of information on wheel speed are more then enough...

                        Def I agree with you there it's pretty hard to consistently do threshold braking when pushing the car to its limits so its nice to have abs for a change.
                        Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
                        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by logr View Post
                          It fits on Attains and some elcheapocrapo ones so I would bet on YES.
                          Can anyone confirm if ABS rings will fit on other hubs? Specifically Ichiba hubs. I'm about to convert my ABS car too and I might have to go this route if I can't get my hands on some J30 hubs for a reasonable price.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I also would like to know. As I'm still battling with mounting my new turbo and haven't had time to look into this.
                            Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I can get you guys some J30 or Q45 parts if you need them, there are usually a few at the local picknpull. I'm headed down there in the next few days to get some random small stuff.

                              ~Alex

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X