Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veilside180sx
    replied
    There really is not a reason to run bars that big with high spring rates.

As far as spring rates go, it's a mixed bag. Most of the people around here are building cars for mostly track/autox and less street time, but that's not to say that it's not capable of doing both.

As far as basic setups...I think the avg would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 front/ 400 rear. The majority are not planning on running a rear bar.

Just as Brian said, most of the people have camber plates from other projects or setups...so I've been making it work with whatever they have.

Originally posted by zoomswimmer View Post
    I'm new here and I'm glad to finally find a group that knows what they are talking about. I'm still learning, but there are something things that I've been reading that I've been getting confused about.

I was first thinking about getting the SPL Parts KTS Coilovers. Then I started reading about the Ground Control/Koni setup. From what I've been reading, it seems like I want the GC/Koni setup.

I've just started working on my car, but it is going to be used as a track/auto-x car. I've got all adjustable arms in the rear besides the lower control arm and same in the front, beside the lower control arm. The rear also has Z32 knuckles

What do I need to make the whole set up work? I want to be comparable to a coilover set up.

I've been reading all these different threads on here, and some people are using GC camber plates (which I can't find on their website), tein camber plates, & techno toys plates with different success rates. Also, some people on this forum are using Koni coilover sleeves but I can't find those either. What spring rates should I use? some people where using 440front/400rear somewhere using 500front, and even 550 front, but I couldn't find anything about their rears. I was also planning on using tanabe sway bars, but I don't know if using bars that thick with spring rates really high would be a great idea.

You help on this would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Your Mom
    replied
    GC site is kinda weird. when you order a coilover kit you need to tell them what spring rates you want. like for my setup i told them 550front 400rear 7" springs and 2" sleaves with koni inserts.

Most of us on here have already had coilovers so richard has been helping by finding parts to piece stuff together. Keep reading theres a lot of stuff on here.

Leave a comment:

• zoomswimmer
    started a topic Ground Control/Koni Setup

Ground Control/Koni Setup

I'm new here and I'm glad to finally find a group that knows what they are talking about. I'm still learning, but there are something things that I've been reading that I've been getting confused about.

I was first thinking about getting the SPL Parts KTS Coilovers. Then I started reading about the Ground Control/Koni setup. From what I've been reading, it seems like I want the GC/Koni setup.

I've just started working on my car, but it is going to be used as a track/auto-x car. I've got all adjustable arms in the rear besides the lower control arm and same in the front, beside the lower control arm. The rear also has Z32 knuckles

What do I need to make the whole set up work? I want to be comparable to a coilover set up.

I've been reading all these different threads on here, and some people are using GC camber plates (which I can't find on their website), tein camber plates, & techno toys plates with different success rates. Also, some people on this forum are using Koni coilover sleeves but I can't find those either. What spring rates should I use? some people where using 440front/400rear somewhere using 500front, and even 550 front, but I couldn't find anything about their rears. I was also planning on using tanabe sway bars, but I don't know if using bars that thick with spring rates really high would be a great idea.

You help on this would be much appreciated.
Working...
X