Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sikky front 32mm solid adjustable swaybar - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikky front 32mm solid adjustable swaybar - any good?

Of necessity, I'm thinking of purchasing this bar:

http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=134&catid=14

Anybody here using it with good results?

I'd like to know what size rear bar to pair this with on an 8k/ 6k setup. (s13)
    1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
    1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
    2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

I think the Progress bar should be plenty stiff. My soft 300# front springs and Progress bar at middle setting is just enough.

I've tried the stiffest setting and got horrible front end overload. The front wheels compressed 3/4" at most and the tires just gave up (RE01R). I was frightened with the pulsating kickback in the steering wheel as the outer tire hopped through the sharp turn.

Comment

Doubt it'll be a good idea. That bar was tuned for Ls1 conversions with more weight up front.

Comment

I seriously doubt the bar was "tuned" at all, but was designed using the "bigger is better" theory. I also have to disagree with LS1 conversions having much more weigh up front. BTW..don't you have one as well? I only picked up 20-30 lbs. over what I weighed in with the KA and I guarantee it's all in the T56 at the lowest and most central point in the car.

Comment

Ya my motor probably has more weight up front than an lsx.

As for tuning a bar, isn't it more diameter and length, and maybe whether hollow or not?

Either way, the sikky site claims it's for jz, lsx, or vq motors...

Anybody running no front bar then?
          I'd prefer to run bigger bars and softer spring rates though. :/
          Last edited by Black R; 09-28-2010, 11:07 AM.
          1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
          1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
          2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Our cars DEFINITELY need a front swaybar.

32mm sounds really stiff, but I suppose you could try to lengthen the arm to soften it up and make it work ok. The different geometry might also make it softer at the same bar diameter.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I had a thread on this and did some investigation a while back if you guys recall...

It's bloody heavy something ridiculous like 20lbs or something I forget now... but it was heavy.. and the rates they gave me apparently were 'low'... at least when I compared to the rates Tanabe provided me (my hollow 30.2mm bar which btw is RIDICULOUSLY light).

I would go with my tanabe over other bars The only other one that's thicker/as fancy in construction would be the largus bar which was 31.5mm if i recall

I am using progress endlinks though 80 bux per front pair or rear pair. I have yet to get it for the rear though. Just running s13 hicas rear bar and stock endlinks which blow (I can move with hand hahaha, i have strong hands but that shouldnt be happening lol)
              "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Bump

Has anyone had anymore experience with the sikky arb. I'm looking at getting one to help clear the new sump for my vh45 conversion. But I'm hesitant as it looks so stiff.

James

Comment

I could see it working out on the front. I'm running a stock 25 mm solid bar drilled so it's about 12% stiffer and feel like I could use more from the bar up front.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Fits like **** when you try to fit bolts in and they barely fit, other than that, hey it bolts up...

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                      I could see it working out on the front. I'm running a stock 25 mm solid bar drilled so it's about 12% stiffer and feel like I could use more from the bar up front.
                      Do you have any pictures of that setup?
                      Sounds interesting.

Comment

There is never ANY reason to use a solid bar. You get 99% of the stiffness and 20% of the weight with a proper hollow bar.

Comment

Working...
                        X