Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 KA24E Charging System Problem

Hi guys,

I took my car for a drive yesterday and when I would go WOT the car would cut out and buck. The only time it wouldn't do it is when I would gradually ease into the gas pedal, but once I got to a above 3500-4000 RPM it would continue to buck and cut out. I went to turn the car on and car wouldn't start and my guage lights were dim.

A few days ago I went to start the car and I had the same problem with the car not starting. I checked my battery terminals and the car has a new battery so I am leaning towards the alternator being bad. Would anything with my charging system cause my car to run like this?
    Thanks,

Ivan

P.S.
    Car is 89 KA24E w/ 5spd Stock
    Last edited by El_Guapo; 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM.

Sounds like a fuel or fire thing. But Im new to KA's
    Maybe a vacum?

thanks,
    shane c.
    Last edited by knightsilvergold; 03-29-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

how was it running before any problems? what happened/any change right before the issue started? take the car to autozone/advancedauto etc and let them check it for free.
      my car domain

Comment

The last time my S14 had a bucking problem at the rpm you described, it was due to the bad MAF. Every time I floored it, it would buck like a crazed horse, I swapped out the MAF and no more bucking. I have no ideas about the no start issues though.

Comment

Guess, Im really old school.

Comment

Working...
          X