Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable pillowball camber plates

I have a question about them.

Obviously for the S-chassis, as I posted the question in here.

I have a set of HKS pillowballs that I can scavenge from my failed attempt at picking up a set of blowed up Hipermax IIs for cheap in hopes of having HKS USA rebuild them for me.

Only thing is, it's missing the sleeved nuts, which, lucky for me, Veilside180sx (is it Richard?) will provide those when I step up to the Koni setup that he sells, and on 1 of the camber plates, it's missing one of the 3 studs.

Now, I used one of the nuts that hold the plates to the strut tower to find a bolt that was the right length and thread/pitch from my spare nuts/bolts bin, and I've kept it on there for now, and would work if I had to use it like that, but I'm trying to find something that will work as a more "permanent" fix.

I looked at the other studs, from the top and the bottom, and they look like wheel studs.

Can anyone confirm that they are indeed wheel studs?

If so, I can pick one up, or I might already have one (I bought a set of the ARP studs for Camaros on my S13, it's still 4-lug, so I have 4 studs left over).

Thanks in advance guys.
    http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

I would imagine they are wheel studs. Count the number of splines and size.

Yes I'm Richard btw.=)
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Nice to meet you Richard.

It will be hard for me to count the splines, as the only thing that's really left for me to look at is the indentations that were left behind from the previous and now missing stud.

I guess for chits and giggles, I can pound one of the studs out so I can put a picture up here for you gurus to help me out.

I can take a picture of the actual stud from the top so we can use Photoshop or MS Paint to mark the starting spline to help us count, and I can blow it way up so that we can measure the spline diameter, then reduce it to the correct aspect ratio to get the right size.

If you guys think that's a good idea, I will do it.

Or are there other ways to figure out the spline size/count without pounding a stud out?
      http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

Why don't you just count the number of grooves in the plate? You could mark one with white-out or something if you're having trouble keeping count.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I think the knurl diameter is more important. It's most likely too small to be a wheel stud. But you might be able to find other knurled studs that will fit. But a bolt and a nut is the same thing it just takes a little more work to bolt it up.
          www.tipengr.com

Comment

Working...
          X