Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blowing out last of the Shock Mount bearings - come one come all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing out last of the Shock Mount bearings - come one come all!

This isn't really a GB persay, so I thought it might be more fitting to toss it in here.

I have 11 sets of the Z32 rear upright shock mount bearings left. There was way more interest in these during the first GB vs. the second, so I have these extras.

Given that S chassis owners seem a little "price sensitive," I've decided to price them at about my cost to just get them out of here and make room for more projects. I don't see ever making any more, so if you want a user serviceable spherical bearing for your shock mount, with a 32,000 lb load capacity - here's your chance.

The cost is $150 with free shipping.

Grainy pic of the goods(iPhone = not good camera in anything but bright light):

To all those who supported me in earlier GBs, I hope you don't have a sour taste in your mouth due to this price drop, as I never thought I'd be stuck having to price these as they are(essentially at my cost).
    Last edited by Def; 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

I was gonna buy a set later, but it sounds like if I'm gonna do it, I'd better do it now.
    shoot me payment info, plz.

still have the rest of the bearing set as well? I just picked up a set of knuckles that have been gutted already.. might as well get 'em all and get it over with since I need to do some rear suspension work anyway.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

No more of the toe/traction/camber bearings left. Got a ton of interest after the GB for those, not near as much for the SM.

Payment info is thedefone .at. yahoo .dot. com (paypal)

Comment

you said they're serviceable? Won't the whole thing have to be pressed out? Don't think I'd ever need to service, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
          you said they're serviceable? Won't the whole thing have to be pressed out? Don't think I'd ever need to service, just curious.
          from what i can see the spherical is held in with a C clip. so once it is pressed in if you needed to replace the spherical you would just need to undo the lower shock mount, remove the C clip, then tap out the spherical

Comment

Originally posted by blingcommander View Post
            from what i can see the spherical is held in with a C clip. so once it is pressed in if you needed to replace the spherical you would just need to undo the lower shock mount, remove the C clip, then tap out the spherical
            Correct. The bearing I'd retained in the housing by a snap ring. The housing stays pressed into the upright, and you can remove the bearing after undoing the snap ring.

Comment

Paypal sent. I'm in no hurry for them. leaving for Afrika next week and won't be back until Sept sometime.
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Africa ya say? Work?

I can get them out tomorrow, they'll probably get there Saturday or maybe Monday if the post office is slow. If you want me to hold off I can ship them when you get back.

Comment

If you can get them out before I leave that's cool too. They won't be installed till I get back, but there's no harm in tossing them in the pile of other stuff if you want to get them out of the way.

I told our shipping guy at work about them coming in, and he's pretty good at setting my car parts aside and keeping the prying eyes of the office parts-breakers out of the boxes. They seem to think anything that comes through the door is fair game to rifle through like it's their own Christmas preset.... grrr. anyway,

It's cool either way. if you can and want to get them out, great. if you're busy then Bryan will toss them under my desk and email me that they've arrived.

And yeah, headed to Angola for work for a couple weeks. I HATE going to Africa. yuck. grrr.
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

got 'em today! shiny new toys!
                    I'll put it right beside my new muffler, flex pipe, Hotshot header, and HLSD diff that I have yet to install....

was going to go home and work on that tonight, but it's raining now and I really don't feel like screwing around under the parts car in the mud and mosquitos.
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Glad you enjoy the shiny.

You can actually do the install on the car with a threaded rod, the right size sockets and maybe some pipe(to go over the ~1.8" OD of the stock bushing). They press out pretty easily, new stuff presses right in.

Comment

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be too hard, but I have to change rear axles and replace the toe and bumpsteer/torque rod thingies to be legal for SCCA anyway. so I might as well just pull the whole thing apart and freshen the lot. It's about time to replace the rod ends in my camber arms too. they're probably 5 years old with 30k miles on them so far. so for $15 it's time to change.

I also bought another set of Z32 uprights that have been stripped and sandblasted already. I just need to find another set of sphericals for the rest of the uprights and I'll be good.
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

How many miles before these actually need to be serviced (I would imagine never for track cars)?

And it's a standard bearing I can order from anywhere in the future & not something special correct?

Thanks.

Comment

it's a COM-12 bearing (Def provides COM-12T where t designates PTFE (teflon) coating)

the bearing is readily available and a standard size every bearing company carries.

Replacement interval has alot to do with use and environment, Keep 'em dry and not full of sand and you should never see an issue, but that doesn't mean don't look at them every time you're back there...I'd check at every tire change/rotation or brake job, just shake the shock and see if they're loose.
                            I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

I'm not sure of the mileage, since it could vary wildly depending on your usage. The bearing is rated for 32,000 lbs static load, so it should last quite a while as long as you're not doing rally jumps every day in your car.

The bearings are readily available standard Teflon lined bearings. The replacement cost per set is about $30-40/pair depending on brand.

Comment

Working...
                              X