Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def
    replied
    3" can handle up to 500 rwhp without much of an issue. Around that level you'll see a gain going to a larger exhaust. Superchargers are a little more lenient of a restrictive exhaust than turbos.

Leave a comment:

• ttomlin85
    replied
    awesome thats what i was hoping i could do...and if i were to supercharge it do you think 3" would still be big enough? i planned on throwing one on sometime down the road once its built up and perty =]

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    A single 3" exhaust would be fine for that motor. If it's a street car run a cat - there's essentially zero power difference with ditching one on a NA motor, and your car won't smell like ass.

Leave a comment:

• ttomlin85
    replied
    oh yes true it is a vg30 a friend told me it was the vq35 sorry about the confusion...should have done my research...either way both are v6 and in the 240 is it common to run one single pipe? what size is most common in either the vq35 or vg30 swap?

Leave a comment:

• DuckyD
    replied
    This confuses me
    AFAIK Z32 300ZX's came with VG30's and this isn't a very popular swap with 240SX's.
    The VQ35s come from 350Z, G35, etc etc and this is a bit more common.

I think for an exhaust, your best bet is to go to a muffler shop and see what they can put together for you.

Leave a comment:

• ttomlin85
    started a topic 89 240sx w/ 300zx motor swap

89 240sx w/ 300zx motor swap

first post here... just bought an 89 240sx hatch with a 300zx vq35 motor in it. need some help for ideas on exaust since im going to need to run a single pipe... thinking about going 3" no cat with single resonator built for the 240 would this have close to the right backpressure for the exuast? has anyone else here tuned a 240 with the vq35 motor?? any input or assitance would be helpfull..
Working...
X