Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for the steering rack project

Heya guys,

Well I don't know where the thread is meh.. but anyways I need a bit of help.

Yes it's moving at SNAIL's pace.. however... that's okay.

I need solid bushings and these brackets for the racks:

i mean I can get for 10 bux brand new poly bushings thats not too much of a prob... however im not sure where to get the rack mount holder thingamajig brackets for s13 LHD. Obviously not coming off of my car as i need the car rolling...

need this in order to finalize a solid mount on the manual rack design... can someone help me?? Not sure if s14 ones are different. Not sure if RHD and LHD is different.. but my primary concern right now is my s13...

Help a brotha out.
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

I think the tear drop shape side is different between S13 and S14 racks.

So yes, you'll have to look for S13 ones.
    http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

As you can see here are the bushings/bracket how it mounts to the subframe:

"hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

I would think LHD and RHD brackets would be the same, maybe just flip flopped sides. Look on courtesynissan.com see if you can get new oem ones if you cant find any in junkyards.
        SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Comment

Umm yeah. have you tried calling the local dealer?
          I have an S14 parts car with the subframe sitting in the garage.. I can pull a set of S14s if you need it, but won't do you much good if they don't match.
          Originally posted by SoSideways
          I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
          '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
            As you can see here are the bushings/bracket how it mounts to the subframe:

that looks like rhd to me, if so then yes they are just flip flopped.

Comment

According to Energy suspension, the teardrop bushing is the same for S13/S14, but the circular bushing is different. You can see the extra circular bushing in this picture, the box comes with 3 bushings, 2 of which you use.

I can't speak for the brackets themselves, but if this is any indication....

In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

I wish it was easier to adopt Mustang (fox body) racks to our cars....
                'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Got junkyards up there? Or just order the part new as suggested. A small bracket like that should be cheap.
                  ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                  ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Steering Rack Brackets <--link

Itm # 48353 10.08$ Dollars
                    Itm # 48354 10.08$ Dollars
                    SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Comment

^Man you got in before me lol.. I was just going to post that picture:

Thanks I never thought about going to a dealership but hey i guess thats a smart choice.. i just always figure they dont care tiny lil things like this but never know

Comment

For many/most cars, the dealer will carry little stuff like that for quite a while. now if you need one of those for an 84 Maxima, you may be in a hurt... but finding one for an S13/S14 shouldn't be a problem.
                        Originally posted by SoSideways
                        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Yeah the ES rack bushings apparently have all 3 bushings in it now to accommodate for both the S13 and S14 racks.

They didn't before. They just started doing that recently.
                          http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X